More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Letting ASM go would make sense of the Harrison link though.

We are surely trying to build a squad though, not have a one in one out policy, especially considering how light we are in attacking areas 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We are surely trying to build a squad though, not have a one in one out policy, especially considering how light we are in attacking areas 

On a limited budget through FFP would they spend 20+mill on a squad player when there are glari g needs in the starting XI. 

I doubt we'd be so desperate for a squad striker if it wasn't for Wilsons injury record.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He did, but the subtext was that he's leaving.

Yeah that’s what I’m getting at, sounds like Ritchie wants to go back down south 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

The kid can play man, and he'll prove it at some point. I see something in him.

Who do you like that isn't already at a big club, or that everyone else isn't already raving about? Anyone unheralded that you seen anything in?

Was just a playful jibe mate :)

My interest in football is pretty surface-level these days - if it's not NUFC or Fantasy Football related then I'm not the obsessive I once was. Ashley wore me down. 

Fwiw I also liked the look of McNeill a year or two back but there is no excuse for his recent stats. We already have enough 'attackers' who chip in with almost zero goals / assists. 

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

ASM in a Conte team :lol:

ASM getting in the team over Kulusevski, Son or Richarlison :lol:

It would be more fun if they could make up rumours which were at least a bit believable.

20 minutes ago, Nine said:

Think we will get this one done, would be really happy with it personally 

Yeah. Feels like this one is actually progressing past an initial inquiry/first bid. Will likely take a lot of haggling, but I can see a deal being done at around £30m. Whether that's the final figure, or an initial one with performance related bonuses that gets it closer to Leeds (supposed) desired £35m who knows.  

Looks as though they are going all in on Harrison for now. Be interesting to see what our next bid is.

What was our last bid 17-22m? And they want 35?

I think we have almost certainly unsettled the player at this point. We just need Leeds to come to the table.

If we settle somewhere between 25 and 30m, I think it will be a fair compromise. These days figures are still batshit mind and I struggle to get my head around what is and isn't a big fee.

We paid 25m for Chris Wood, so it would reasonable to assume we would pay the same for a first choice winger.

16 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Was just a playful jibe mate :)

My interest in football is pretty surface-level these days - if it's not NUFC or Fantasy Football related then I'm not the obsessive I once was. Ashley wore me down. 

Fwiw I also liked the look of McNeill a year or two back but there is no excuse for his recent stats. We already have enough 'attackers' who chip in with almost zero goals / assists. 

Fair play :thup:

Mike Ashley finished a lot of people off man, so I get it.

Yeah, he had a tough year last season, but I think he just needs a change of scenery. Just needs to make sure he picks a club that uses the ball better.