More transfer rumours

midds

42 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Btw I’ve a couple of pals or people I know well who originate from SA or rather their parents did and they reckon sportingly in terms of football due to the WC they can’t right now outdo say Quata or Man City and that’s why they haven't went huge on us, but have on the golf to take over that particular sport as they can with the PGA, but they bought us because long-term that’s their intention with football, to take over, for NUFC to become the biggest and most successful club side in the game. And once the World Cup is over, they will really invest in NUFC. Could be bollocks, but knowing of their culture, being second best isn’t good for their image in their own country or international and especially for the Crown Prince who it’s been reported personally told Boris to make sure the takeover happens and sanction the repayments to Bien Sports and unbanned them. You don’t do that if NUFC is just an investment ti eventually make a profit on or to mildly invest in as part of some portfolio. Just look at the sums they are throwing at golf…

We’ll my sisters uncles mothers cousins Saudi Arabian oil princes mackem stepmother reckons they bought us just to run us into the ground as a pisstake 

25 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

So it seems we skint.  Baffling if we actually are. 

I see you're being a blatant WUM again. :lol:

Put up these tragic posts about Howe back in January,

Then stopped posting after Howe turned it around and only started to post again after the season had ended to spout how we are apparently skint a la your posts today as well as how our signings and reported targets are all naff.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I see you're being a blatant WUM again. :lol:

Put up these tragic posts about Howe back in January,

Then stopped posting after Howe turned it around and only started to post again after the season had ended to spout how we are apparently skint a la your posts today as well as how our signings and reported targets are all naff.

Should change his name to tnuc.

32 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Nope that's the best way currently to structure deals under FFP to give more scope, whilst we keep working on the sponsorship/commercial deals. I honestly can't understand why people are not waiting until the transfer window closes. That's the time to give sensible opinions and analysis. Everyone is just guessing at the moment. 

It’s nothing to do with FFP. FFP doesn’t care if you pay £100m up front or £100m over twenty years. They’re identical for profit and loss purposes.

Just now, Bompeter said:

It’s nothing to do with FFP. FFP doesn’t care if you pay £100m up front or £100m over twenty years. They’re identical for profit and loss purposes.

What like Everton [emoji38] Go and try and wind someone else up.

5 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

No they are not. Profit/Loss across a rolling (what is it 3 years? ) window and these payments can get amortized across years depending on structure so when they hit the books matters for that rolling window. 

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

That’s nonsense though isn’t it, because isn’t FFP about three-year cycles?

Three year cycles of what? Profit and loss accounts, which have nothing whatsoever to do with timing of cash payments.

When you sign a player, the full value of their transfer fee is capitalised on the balance sheet and amortisation of that fee begins immediately. Whether or not you’ve actually paid the fee is irrelevant. 

Edited by Bompeter

42 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

We are now being run by extremely intelligent and capable people, exactly 100% the opposite of the situation prior to last October. It is difficult to get your head around the extreme extent of the difference.

We have an endless supply of "potentially available" finance, we know that and so does everybody else. The very rich people of this world know how to manage their money, that is how they became rich, so our new owners will want optimum value for money out of every penny they spend on our behalf.

I doubt if we will ever have a 'budget' to spend, in the normal/accepted sense, but we will not squander money, you can tell that more clearly the more experiences we have with our owners, the better we get to know them and their strengths.

They intend to fully comply with FFP (etc) and their ambition is to produce a financially sound, stable, well managed, admired by others, and ultimately permanently successful football club.

Those principles, we will come to learn, will underpin everything they do, and how and when they do it.

To me, our long term future just gets more and more E X C I T I N G by the day. 

1 minute ago, Bompeter said:

Lads, please stop getting FFP wrong. It’s really annoying. 

If you mean me, I said FFP (etc) as I cannot yet remember "this weeks" name for it!!

(If that is what you are saying?)

Just now, manorpark said:

If you mean me, I said FFP (etc) as I cannot yet remember "this weeks" name for it!!

(If that is what you are saying?)

I was “responding” (as some may call it!) to the three posters immediately prior to you!! No “offence” whatsoever meant sir !!

Just now, Bompeter said:

I was “responding” (as some may call it!) to the three posters immediately prior to you!! No “offence” whatsoever meant sir !!

My apologies!

By the way, what is FFP called this week??

1 hour ago, Yelevats said:

Hmm ? The only way you could reach that conclusion would be if you thought the pay day loan Co. were paying the fee for us and we would repay them on the drip.

15 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

What like Everton [emoji38] Go and try and wind someone else up.

He is correct here, though. When you actually pay the cash doesn't matter. Likewise people talking about debt with Chelsea etc.

I'm wondering if a separate FFP or football finances thread might help, as it seems to derail other threads quite often and means most people can ignore it if they're not interested.

There might already be one mind - I'll have a look first.