More transfer rumours

midds

50 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Some are really taking it bad when saying they are Ashley kind of signings. Not quite that far maybe, to be fair. But i think most get the idea that these would be very underwhelming and unconvincing. And NO, dont start with the delusional, unrealistic, expectations type of shite, forgot the last 14 years? and so on.  Just because they are better than what we have doesn't mean it's the right signings, or very good ones. Howe has even said himself that the quality we are aiming towards isn't easy to get, and that we are fighting with big clubs for signings. As i've said before i can't see any of these happening, maybe Sarr at a stretch but even then im not sure. I think it's more likely that we go for top quality youngsters with great potential, thankfully. To me it feels like some people are already starting to defend possible underwhelming signings, that are even unlikely to happen :lol: To justify that everything we do is great, if they sign. Almost as trying to convince yourself that this is good, i can see this being good and so on. Defending something that isn't even reality yet. This is how you overrate players and decisions. All i'm saying is that i don't like these names at all. There's a middle ground between these and Paqueta/Diaby which im sure we will find. Also, there are some posters that are in panic, as well as some who overreact about people bed wetting when in reality it's not always justified either.

The thing is, if we can't get a Diaby level player, we are not going to just leave things as they are. I'm not sure they would get a younger player with potential for that spot, because it seems they want someone more proven there.

If we do end up getting a player from that list it will be because having analysed the player, the manager will believe he can get something more out of them in his system. And that is definitely something that can and does happen.

In my opinion, not only are each of those players significantly better than what we have on that side already, but there is potential for them to perform better than they have previously in the teams they are coming from. Whether or not that ultimately happens if we do sign them is another thing, but I'm sure that is all part of what is being weighed up with these options.

Also some of those options will be around the £15 million mark, and if getting one of them for now means we can spend more on a more highly rated young striker and then a really good central midfielder too, then maybe it's well worth doing. Again I'm sure that thinking will all be part of the discussions and reasoning.

Edited by KaKa

41 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Said it before when links came out earlier in the year, hard hard pass on McNeil. 4 goals in 120 appearances over the last 3 seasons. He's worse than what we have.

Dwight is just 22 years old and has a ton of invaluable experience from his time at Burnley.

He is going to break out at his next team. Hoping he can get a move to a team like Leicester that plays some decent stuff. Could easily see him comparing to someone like Harvey Barnes in the right situation.

13 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

You’re both mad and in luck, because there is absolutely no chance of him wanting to come here :lol:

Clearly I'm in a massive minority on here but there it is, and I agree that he'd be very unlikely to want to come here

48 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Some are really taking it bad when saying they are Ashley kind of signings. Not quite that far maybe, to be fair. But i think most get the idea that these would be very underwhelming and unconvincing. And NO, dont start with the delusional, unrealistic, expectations type of shite, forgot the last 14 years? and so on.  Just because they are better than what we have doesn't mean it's the right signings, or very good ones. Howe has even said himself that the quality we are aiming towards isn't easy to get, and that we are fighting with big clubs for signings. As i've said before i can't see any of these happening, maybe Sarr at a stretch but even then im not sure. I think it's more likely that we go for top quality youngsters with great potential, thankfully. To me it feels like some people are already starting to defend possible underwhelming signings, that are even unlikely to happen :lol: To justify that everything we do is great, if they sign. Almost as trying to convince yourself that this is good, i can see this being good and so on. Defending something that isn't even reality yet. This is how you overrate players and decisions. All i'm saying is that i don't like these names at all. There's a middle ground between these and Paqueta/Diaby which im sure we will find. Also, there are some posters that are in panic, as well as some who overreact about people bed wetting when in reality it's not always justified either.

A few haven’t done themselves any favors, man. And just like in November-January, and back in 2017-18, there are those who deny that they exist. I agree that to act like it’s a large number of people is wildly inaccurate though. But it was so bad a few months back with some, that others are just naturally on the defensive. I’ve had to read some posts again in the past to realize that they are quite reasonable,  because I was so soured by some of the dog shit from a few months ago. 

A few on here revel in negativity so much that they must be automated self fulfilling prophecies in real life. And frankly, we let them off easy. 

24 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Dwight is just 22 years old and has a ton of invaluable experience from his time at Burnley.

He is going to break out at his next team. Hoping he can get a move to a team like Leicester that plays some decent stuff. Could easily see him comparing to someone like Harvey Barnes in the right situation.

Same amount of goal involvements as Almirón last season. In 38 appearances.

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Kaka I think you're the bees knees when it comes to keeping me up-to-date with all things football related, but I reckon McNeil is garbage mate.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I like McNeil but I don't want us to just recreate Burnley. 

Aye. Doesn’t sound like a formula for positive progress. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I like McNeil but I don't want us to just recreate Burnley. 

If Eddie started to speak with a gravel voice that would be it for me, the love affair would be over 

26 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Same amount of goal involvements as Almirón last season. In 38 appearances.

24 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Kaka I think you're the bees knees when it comes to keeping me up-to-date with all things football related, but I reckon McNeil is garbage mate.

Whenever I find myself watching Burnley, I just find myself really liking a lot of his play, and he always stood out from the rest of the team, like he didn't quite fit in with the other players almost. I like his work rate, his dribbling, his awareness of what is going on around him and I think his left foot is really good.

At Burnley he played too deep on the left hand side, due to Burnley playing a very traditional 4-4-2, where the wide men were almost additional full backs, and his remit was to get the ball into the box as quickly as possible from out wide on the left side.

I think in a more typical 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 he pushes up higher out wide, and in a better team, he gets to link up more with other midfielders/attacking midfielders that can also get him in more dangerous positions, which would improve his goals and assists numbers. I also think him playing on the opposite side and cutting in more would be beneficial, rather than playing as a more traditional winger on the left side.

Just my personal thoughts on him. Hope he gets a chance in a better team and I get to see how it turns out.

Edited by KaKa

17 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'd be very interested to see McNeil in a better side, personally. However, he's not on Barnes' level.

I don't think he's on Barnes level currently, but I could see him coming along in the same way, and producing at a similar level.

Basing this on nothing other than my FM21 and 22 experience, but that game always has McNeil breakout spell and becomes an assist machine as soon as he leaves Burnley. Always tends to end up at Liverpool in FM22. As we all know FM22 is in fact real life. 

Edited by sushimonster85

37 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I’ve always liked McNeil; seemingly great attitude, works hard, presses well and a wand of left foot. At one point I thought he’d be the next big thing but… he’s just never kicked on for whatever reason. Last season in particular he was truly awful; reminded me a lot of some our wingers, all graft but little quality.

Despite his poor season, I think there’s a very good player there, just not for us. We need someone who can guarantee goals from the right wing.