More transfer rumours

midds

Guest HTT II

Btw I’ve a couple of pals or people I know well who originate from SA or rather their parents did and they reckon sportingly in terms of football due to the WC they can’t right now outdo say Quata or Man City and that’s why they haven't went huge on us, but have on the golf to take over that particular sport as they can with the PGA, but they bought us because long-term that’s their intention with football, to take over, for NUFC to become the biggest and most successful club side in the game. And once the World Cup is over, they will really invest in NUFC. Could be bollocks, but knowing of their culture, being second best isn’t good for their image in their own country or international and especially for the Crown Prince who it’s been reported personally told Boris to make sure the takeover happens and sanction the repayments to Bien Sports and unbanned them. You don’t do that if NUFC is just an investment ti eventually make a profit on or to mildly invest in as part of some portfolio. Just look at the sums they are throwing at golf…

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Btw I’ve a couple of pals or people I know well who originate from SA or rather their parents did and they reckon sportingly in terms of football due to the WC they can’t right now outdo say Quata or Man City and that’s why they haven't went huge on us, but have on the golf to take over that particular sport as they can with the PGA, but they bought us because long-term that’s their intention with football, to take over, for NUFC to become the biggest and most successful club side in the game. And once the World Cup is over, they will really invest in NUFC. Could be bollocks, but knowing of their culture, being second best isn’t good for their image in their own country or international and especially for the Crown Prince who it’s been reported personally told Boris to make sure the takeover happens and sanction the repayments to Bien Sports and unbanned them. You don’t do that if NUFC is just an investment ti eventually make a profit on or to mildly invest in as part of some portfolio. Just look at the sums they are throwing at golf…

Why would the WC stop them 'going big' on us right now?

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Why would the WC stop them 'going big' on us right now?

The theory is, they will eventually want to upstage every other state owned football club, but whatever they do now, with us, wouldn’t top a WC. I personally don’t buy into it, but I do buy into an eventual pissing contest between them all and I wouldn’t rule out the owners of PSG ditching them and buying a PL club in the future. Anyway basically these fellas say NUFC will have to be winning things here and in Europe eventually otherwise it will look bad on the Crown Prince and their whole project 2030 thing. 

HTT is right about the Saudis though, I can't ever see them buying a football club to be second best, (well currently 11th best) investment or no investment. If they are associated with NUFC they'll want it to be the best, or at least swinging punches to attempt to be the best. It might be a patient approach because of circumstances, but their ambition will be the title at some point.

9 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

So it seems we skint.  Baffling if we actually are. 

I’d imagine most clubs structure their deals this way. Wasn’t Mike Ashley’s way of spending/receiving all money up front often said to be quite strange? 

edit: @sushimonster85said it before me 

Edited by gdm

7 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

Christ.

You're not just glass half empty. You're glass is probably broken and will cut my lip plus water is probably poisoned too.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Isn't this how most teams pay transfer fees? I seem to remember people saying we were a bit of an outlier in the Ashley days in that, what fees we did pay, we insisted in paying in full up front. 

Yes. That gave us a leg up with selling clubs as they got a big wedge from us that they could use straight away. We were an outlier in that regard as you say.

11 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

Nope that's the best way currently to structure deals under FFP to give more scope, whilst we keep working on the sponsorship/commercial deals. I honestly can't understand why people are not waiting until the transfer window closes. That's the time to give sensible opinions and analysis. Everyone is just guessing at the moment. 

Edited by et tu brute

It's crazy how impossible it is to tell if comments like that are a troll or not anymore. Actual people out there thinking that unironically. Others saying anything short of top 6 will be a failure. Wondering why we haven't spent 100m this window. Living up to every cheap stereotype (inaccurately) lobbed at us for the last 20 years about "divine rights" and "delusional". Actually over it.

Guest HTT II

People need to forget about the media slogan driving richest club in the world thing, PIF have untold riches, but it’s not all OURS. They will and have spent big and continue to do so as we are seeing on and off the field. Give it after this season and I can see us outspending anyone on transfers, if not on individuals themselves, overall anyway. I also think a lot of cautiousness in the transfer market is Howe lead, and AS. PIF/SA have effectively said OK you go and run the club, turn it around, if things falter, they will step in and that would be a worry on two fronts, in that our current model will have failed and we’ll see Man Utd levels of reckless spending and past it big names like Mourinho brought in. Relax people, we’ll get what we need this window and hopefully target a top 6 finish this season and if we fall short, we go again!

21 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

You told me not to offend you the other day but you are essentially offending everyone on this forum with this mindless nonsense.