More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Linked with Sofiane Diop according to Media Foot. Really promising Monaco player and yep, you guessed it, a right-footed lw.

Saw him play last year, he was absolutely class 

9 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Linked with Sofiane Diop according to Media Foot. Really promising Monaco player and yep, you guessed it, a right-footed lw.

Media Foot any good or is it the same as Tuttoputto?

3 hours ago, madras said:

I'd say what set it off were the stories that we actually went for him before Bruno in January and a deal was set but he didn't want to come because of our position at that time. Now, I don't know how true that is but it's what set stuff off, the Brunos best mate stuff just built on it.

I think the Paqueta stuff in Jan was a smokescreen for us to attempt to sign Bruno

Guest HTT II
21 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Media Foot any good or is it the same as Tuttoputto?

If they are reporting it, he’s a shoein to sign. Hopefully he laces one in on his debut with his right boot!

Edited by HTT II

27 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Taking into account his age and having looked into some of his stas breakdowns this one could be a goer for the right wing.

Looks like he's comfortable on either side, but in fact he gets better ratings on that right side, which we are trying to fill. His fbref breakdown also compares very favourably to Moussa Diaby's but he's actually better defensively.

This looks like a very talented up and coming youngster, which would be in line with what we are after. One to get really excited about I think!

image.thumb.png.084cb629503b0eebfd067a102ab1f6be.png

image.thumb.png.a8d1370d742f5db7763d00cf7dcf8540.png

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Taking into account his age and having looked into some of his stas breakdowns this one could be a goer for the right wing.

Looks like he's comfortable on either side, but in fact he gets better ratings on that right side, which we are trying to fill. His fbref breakdown also compares very favourably to Moussa Diaby's but he's actually better defensively.

This looks like a very talented up and coming youngster, which would be in line with what we are after. One to get really excited about I think!

image.thumb.png.084cb629503b0eebfd067a102ab1f6be.png

image.thumb.png.a8d1370d742f5db7763d00cf7dcf8540.png

I think he’s really really good tbh; very clever little player. His only downside is he’s not as quick as you’d ideally want for a PL winger. Amazing work rate for a young “flair-player” too.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Is this another one that we're not actually really looking at? 

Possibly the opposite. We are looking and enquiring but with no real intention, trying to make it look like we have plenty of options in order to keep prices down on the real targets ?

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

I think he’s really really good tbh; very clever little player. His only downside is he’s not as quick as you’d ideally want for a PL winger. Amazing work rate for a young “flair-player” too.

Ah, okay. Interesting.

I haven't actually seen him play, so was just looking through his statistical profile etc. and they all look very good. His dribbling and passing especially. Looks a really talented prospect.

Just been watching some of his videos to get a feel for how he plays and it looks like he doesn't hug the touchline like a traditional winger, but sits in narrower, which is what Howe wants from his wide men, with the full backs then providing the width, and so the electric pace shouldn't be an issue.

His passing really stands out from his clips, looks a classy player. 

Yep. Fantastic first touch and vision. Very classy player, good age and good work-rate; really does seem like someone Howe would love to work with. Good news for us is that he’s very under-appreciated/ underrated in France. We’ll still probably need to spend at least 30m to prise him away though. 

Edited by McCormick

Just now, KaKa said:

Apparently Monaco are looking for £20 million for him.

Surely not. If so that's a good price. Can't see Monaco selling this cheap though. They are tough.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Yep. Fantastic first touch and vision. Very classy player, good age and good work-rate; really does seem like someone Howe would love to work with. Good news for us is that he’s very under-appreciated/ underrated in France. We’ll still probably need to spend at least 30m to prise him away though. 

Leicester have been looking at him, but can't move for him without selling players first. The reports were that Monaco were looking for around £20 million from them.

We went up to £35 million for Diaby, so I don't think the price would be a problem. Both he and Diaby are 22 years old, and we seem happy to pay more for younger players. Think the reason we wouldn't go higher for Harrison is that he is 26 years old.

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Surely not. If so that's a good price. Can't see Monaco selling this cheap though. They are tough.

All the reports regarding a price from when Leicester have been linked are saying £20 million.

Apparently Monaco got a new manager in January, and he didn't use Diop as much as the previous manager, and so Monaco are open to a sale.

1 minute ago, Bompeter said:

MediaFoot is complete bollocks. It’s basically a Marseille fan blog that farms for clicks. 

Marseille have been after Diop but were hoping to loan him initially as they can't afford him, so maybe that's why this has popped up on MediFoot's radar.

Guess we'll see if there's any truth to it. Looking at Diop's profile though, it would make a lot of sense if we are interested.