More transfer rumours

midds

He had 9 goals and 7 assists last season. Season before 7 goals and 2 assists.

He's more of an emerging player really. Didn't really start games or play too many minutes prior to the last two seasons.

4 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Lyon have said they need to trim their squad and they’ll consider offers for all of their players 

Could this be that our boy has put in a transfer request as was speculated the other week, we have put in £30m bid and they are trying to flush out bigger bids?, ?

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He had 9 goals and 7 assists last season. Season before 7 goals and 2 assists.

He's more of an emerging player really. Didn't really start games or play too many minutes prior to the last two seasons.

6 assists & 9 goals In 45 games in all competitions for Monaco last season 

Edited by gdm

18 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He won’t be solving any of our goal issues but he’s a quality player imo.

We need a winger that will do exactly that. For too long we’ve relied on Wilson when fit and ASM

19 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He won’t be solving any of our goal issues but he’s a quality player imo.

What’s the point of him then ? Genuine question btw but if he doesn’t score or assist what does he do ?

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What’s the point of him then ? Genuine question btw but if he doesn’t score or assist what does he do ?

What I will say is the whole assist thing shouldn’t be taken too seriously. Having bet on the assist market I’d say Maxi crosses a ball and it takes the slightest nick of a defender he won’t get credited with the assist 

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

We need a winger that will do exactly that. For too long we’ve relied on Wilson when fit and ASM

Jack Harrison got decent numbers but for some its a no goer for some reason.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He got 9 goals and 7 assists last season.

However, it's impossible to project how this will carry over into a different league anyway.

I'm sure they'll be digging deeper into his data to get a better idea of that. However, his numbers from last season were good.

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

image.thumb.png.4f5bdf16ab2bc6243f5a76e9ff013a33.png

FlashScores has him down for 4 assists in the league but like I say the assist stats should be taken with a pinch of salt 

170A6156-771D-4DBE-AE08-54DD25DEDEA0.jpeg

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Is this another one that we're not actually really looking at? 

I can't even be arsed to get excited about any of these names, there seems to have been dozens flying about in the last few weeks with no indication that we are after any of them.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Because they want 35 million for him, and he’s not worth anywhere near it 

Almost double figures in goals and assists last two seasons? What is a player with such decent numbers worth? 

Just now, Kanji said:

Do we plan on moving Maxi to the right? Jack Harrison has played nearly the majority of his career on wide left. 

We're planning on selling him for £40m to Spurs or Chelsea last I heard.

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He does score and assist just not prolifically. He presses well, creates chances and progresses play well. Would be nice if he was quicker but yeah, good player.

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Do we plan on moving Maxi to the right? Jack Harrison has played nearly the majority of his career on wide left. 

Most of these guys can play either side nowadays. Really rare that a wide man will only play one side.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Most of these guys can play either side nowadays. Really rare that a wide man will only play one side.

I get that but he's played like 80% of his last 50 matches as left sided player. We never consider moving Maxi the opposite side and have always almost gone with someone else there. 

Just now, Kanji said:

I get that but he's played like 80% of his last 50 matches as left sided player. We never consider moving Maxi the opposite side and have always almost gone with someone else there. 

Just because of Raphina, surely?

Obviously, but we're thinking we're going to sign a guy for 30m+ who played 80% of his last 50 matches on the left side to then switch sides to the right or ask the current incumbent to do that? 

I get that I'm also advocating Paqueta to play there :lol: so I'm talking out of both ends here. 

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If you look at his overall career though he's played loads of games on the right too. He's played on the left a lot more recently because they had Raphinha on the right.

Maxi never gets moved because we have no one worth moving him for. Maxi has been just as good on the right on the occasions he has played there though IMO.

Edited by KaKa

Nobody will know how to defend against them on the opposite flank, though. Element of surprise and that.

(Not entirely serious, but you know.)

I'd be amazed if Harrison wasn't even more effective on the right, he's pretty much two-footed and has a good shot on him.