More transfer rumours

midds

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Howe quoted on the Ronny Gill saying they'll look at the loan market, but its a bit early for that. Even then he sounded quite reluctant as "it doesn't give you, unless it's with a view to a permanent signing, the player's heart and soul".

Surely that means Broja on loan isn't a priority as has been suggested by Douglas, et al?

To save your device getting AIDS, the full quotes were:

"It’s definitely something we’ll look at. I’d say probably, at this stage, it’s a bit early for that I think. Loans I think, come a little bit later."

It’s certainly something we’ll look at, it’d be foolish not to, because it can save you big money on transfer fees and long contract, but it probably doesn’t give you, unless it’s with a view to a permanent signing, the player’s heart and soul, unless it’s a very special player.

We just have to get the balance right. I think it’s all about the individual really.”

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I still think we will get two very good signings 

Don’t know why , I just feel like the team in the background will ensure we strengthen regardless 

Same. Ultimately think we will end up spending around £30m on a RW option, then someone line Broja on loan (with a view to buy next Summer). 

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Makes no sense for Chelsea to go for it considering they don’t want him to leave 

If they didn't want him to leave they wouldn't be in talks with anyone.

9 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Isn't that the guy who's notorious for not getting anything right?!

Apparently he's head of football at BILD. \_(ツ)_/

So he's either going to take a ~£150-200k/week pay cut to join permanently or Chelsea are going to subsidise his wage by the same for a loan deal? 

I actually think he would be a really good option - I think he'd fit in our system much better than he has Chelsea's - but it's a complete non-starter.

18 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Isn't that the guy who's notorious for not getting anything right?!

He's said it's true, and even put a green tick emoji on it. How could it not be true then? 

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Assuming Wilson is fit and we get a goal scorer in for when he is injured, where do play Werner? 

Werner can play anywhere in the front three, so assume he would start at RW and then move central when Wilson is injured. 

Not that it's happening anyway. 

23 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Because he wants to leave to be guaranteed games, so why would Chelsea accept a loan with option ?

I did ask if it was option or obligation. And if they didn't want him to leave that much they wouldn't let him, regardless of what he wants.