More transfer rumours

midds

For the people not wanting to sign players from relegation rivals, it's a good job we ignored that when we signed Wilson.

I know we have much better owners now but we can't seem to attract the best players yet, Bruno seems to have the exception.

Just now, PeepShow4life said:

For the people not wanting to sign players from relegation rivals, it's a good job we ignored that when we signed Wilson.

I know we have much better owners now but we can't seem to attract the best players yet, Bruno seems to have the exception.

I think we can attract them, it's the transfer fees we are being quoted that's the primary stumbling block.

In the same window Liverpool bought Robertson (An A+ signing) they signed AOC & Salah and were chasing VVD all summer - got him in January.

I understand people wanting a Bruno/Botman level player coming in as well. Cornet + 2 bigger would be ideal. Cornet + 1 bigger signing would be good. Cornet + a Broja type loan.... feels like an Ashley type summer.

An Ashley type summer? What the fuck man :lol:

We're coming off the back of spending 90m in January and have a squad comfortably good enough for a top 10 finish with a bit of cover. I'd love some massive signings but i'm assuming there's good reason to play it like we are beyond "we're stingey"

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

An Ashley type summer? What the fuck man :lol:

We're coming off the back of spending 90m in January and have a squad comfortably good enough for a top 10 finish with a bit of cover. I'd love some massive signings but i'm assuming there's good reason to play it like we are beyond "we're stingey"

Precisely. An Ashley type summer is us renewing contracts of Clark, Hendrick, Gayle etc. 

I don't think they'll exit the window without, at least, a striker and RW, it is disappointing that we haven't secured those 2 in time to start the new season, as I'm sure it's disappointing to the club.

No reason to panic just yet, teams are settling on their squads for the season ahead and will be more clear of who they're happy to leave and it only takes 1 move to start a domino effect of transfers. Players will come available and prices will drop as we hit the vinegar strokes of the window.

32 minutes ago, gdm said:

Scraping the barrel with Cornet. Would be very underwhelmed if that was the big attacking winger we end up with. We are miles behind the top 6 and let’s be honest signing Cornet doesn’t close the gap very much if at all. 

Man, this just tells me you have seen nothing of Cornet at Lyon on that right hand side specifically. Both in Ligue 1 and in the Champions League (especially against Pep's Man City). Scraping the barrel?! Hell nah.

If we do get him, he will shock people with what he does playing on that right side. The guys career numbers on either wing are exceptional. He's 1 in 2 for goal contributions from either side.

image.png.7c7af9a742d5ae418821ad4374240cfd.png

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I like Cornet a lot tbf.

Would people prefer him or CHO?

CHO for me. We’re lacking a proper right winger and he’s showed real promise at times. 

5 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Have we been linked with Ben Brereton Díaz at all this window?

Guy has had the strangest career of any footballer I’ve ever seen. I vaguely remember people hyping him up on here when he was at Forrest, then somehow ended up playing for Chile in the Copa America and after that experience went from 7 goals in the Championship to 22. And the Chile call up was a little strange as he wasn’t exactly pulling up trees for Blackburn from a statistical standpoint. Maybe his all around game is really good. I have no idea. 

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

Pure RTG patter this 

You knew the plan was a slow build. They even said it themselves. We’ve spent a comparable fortune since PIF got involved.

Anyone expecting Man City levels of investment is RTG levels of deluded. 

Edited by RS

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It might be. But it is genuinely dissappointing that we are 1 week away from the start of the season and are seemingly not close to filling 2 crucial positions in the first team.

Careful. You can’t use words like ‘disappointing’ or you’re a crying bairn.

1 minute ago, RS said:

You knew the plan was a slow build. They even said it themselves. We’ve spent a comparable fortune since PIF got involved.

Anyone expecting Man City investment is RTG levels of deluded. 

People still fail to get the whole thing about judging situations on their own merits.

We don’t always need to compare every transfer window and say “ey, it could’ve been worse under Ashley”. We’re able to look at the ambition and resources that we have now and say we could be doing better.

1 minute ago, RS said:

Anyone expecting Man City levels of investment is RTG levels of deluded. 

Mate I’m the one that’s been taking pelters on here for believing the tight budget stories in the press.