More transfer rumours

midds

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

As a partnership with Mexes at Auxerre he/they were highly rated. Rangers did well getting him on a Bosman and curiously even better selling him to us for £8m 🙂

It wasn't that curious when you consider Souness was manager at the time, and probably had links with McKay. Chuck in Freddie Shepherd as the owner and his penchant for some strange deals, and you can work out that £8m probably got split a few ways.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Don’t be silly. A good performance in a pre season friendly added nothing. He was always gonna be valued too high for us. That’s due to performances in his league and CL not a friendly ffs 

fuckin hell Almiron would be worth £40m :lol: 

Sesko has scored 6 goals in Austrian Bundesliga and 0 in Champions League in his career. When teams are basing their valuation almost entirely on potential, having a good game against Liverpool even in a friendly is a pretty big thing.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, Pata said:

He's scored 6 goals in Austrian Bundesliga and 0 in Champions League in his career. When teams are basing their valuation almost entirely on potential, having a good game against Liverpool even in a friendly is a pretty big thing.

Supply and demand I guess. The majority of big clubs in Europe rate him highly enough. None of these players are "worth" what they're going for these days anyway.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Supply and demand I guess. The majority of big clubs in Europe rate him highly enough. None of these players are "worth" what they're going for these days anyway.

I think we are too late on Sesko anyway. Haaland being such a success from the same club and the 'next Haaland' tag raises his value even more even though it shouldn't have any correlation to Sesko's valuation.

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Transfer valuations are quite similar to valuations for tech companies, no history - all future. 

One of those bizarre coincidences that always freak me out a bit. I've just read this page, then came on here and read your post.

20220728_162810.thumb.jpg.f58292ef2efcbcc2872086e5aa76105f.jpg

16 minutes ago, Pata said:

Sesko has scored 6 goals in Austrian Bundesliga and 0 in Champions League in his career. When teams are basing their valuation almost entirely on potential, having a good game against Liverpool even in a friendly is a pretty big thing.

He has scored and assisted in the CL (probably a qualifier) 

Edited by gdm

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

He has scored and assisted in the CL (probably a qualifier) 

Yeah, against Bröndby in a qualifier. I don't see how that's relevant to my point.

Sesko wasn't a regular starter last season. It was Adeyemi and Okafor starting upfront.

That's why his numbers don't stand out. He's stepping into the starting lineup this season and it's going to be his year.

Just now, KaKa said:

Sesko wasn't a regular starter last season. It was Adeyemi and Okafor starting upfront.

That's why his numbers don't stand out. He's stepping into the starting lineup this season and it's going to be his year.

I know that, I responded to gdm's post about his valuation being based on his performances in the Austrian BL and Champions League when in reality he hasn't done much yet in his career.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

At that age you can't guarantee anything, but if the top clubs are all sniffing around, it will be for good reason. He obviously has a bit about him, it's not that different to Isak who had a slow season after a standout the season before. But clubs look at a player's attributes, and that's why the really highly rated younger players are never going to be prised out without a lot of money changing hands.

13 minutes ago, Pata said:

Yeah, against Bröndby in a qualifier. I don't see how that's relevant to my point.

I was correcting you but point is Friendlies mean nothing in adding to the guys price. Let’s get serious. It may draw eyes to the player even tho most big clubs have probably already got a phone book sized file on him but in no way does him scoring v Liverpool in a friendly add to his value. Don’t be silly 

as I said Almiron scored a double against a CL club. I’ll look forward to those £30m bids for him :lol:

Edited by gdm

10 minutes ago, gdm said:

I was correcting you but point is Friendlies mean nothing in adding to the guys price. Let’s get serious. It may draw eyes to the player even tho most big clubs have probably already got a phone book sized file on him but in no way does him scoring v Liverpool in a friendly add to his value. Don’t be silly 

as I said Almiron scored a double against a CL club. I’ll look forward to those £30m bids for him :lol:

Qualifiers are not Champions League football, get serious.

Almiron is 28 years old and everyone knows what he is ffs. :lol: 100% irrelevant to this conversation.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Qualifiers are not Champions League football, get serious.

Almiron is 28 years old and everyone knows what he is ffs. :lol: 100% irrelevant to this conversation.

Almiron was a flippant example ffs I was taking the piss. The point remains the same. Him scoring again any opposition in a friendly means fuck all to his value. Scoring in a CL qualifier did far more for his value and profile than that goal the other night 

Edited by gdm

Much easier for Seko to increase his value and more so put himself on the radar of bigger clubs because he's not played that many games considering he's 22. It was the same with Ekitike to some extent. One good season as a 18-23yr old can get you a big move, especially if it's one of your first playing in the top leagues.

Almiron on the other hand is much older and has played alot of games in the Premier League so him having a decent pre season does very little for anyone outside of us as Newcastle fans. 

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Much easier for Seko to increase his value and more so put himself on the radar of bigger clubs because he's not played that many games considering he's 22. It was the same with Ekitike to some extent. One good season as a 18-23yr old can get you a big move, especially if it's one of your first playing in the top leagues.

Almiron on the other hand is much older and has played alot of games in the Premier League so him having a decent pre season does very little for anyone outside of us as Newcastle fans. 

I was joking about Almiron :lol:

3 hours ago, Kimbo said:

The thing is the idea that Ashworth can shut off the leaks just seems unrealistic to me. He has no control over agents and other clubs, and they are leaky the vast majority of the time. My feeling is that we're monitoring things and hoping that moves other clubs make free up a target. If that doesn't happen though we're not going to spend the money for the sake of it, we'll look to get a loan or two and wait until the next window to spend. I think the lack of leaks is likely more to do with not much happening.

Aye people have been claiming the Ashworth stuff for weeks now and we've seen nothing really materialise. I wish there was loads of deals going on and that are all being kept under wraps but I think it's a lot more likely we aren't really close to anyone right now. 

I really hope that we aren't so concerned about being 'ripped off' that we end the window underprepared though. Clubs generally don't want to sell their best players. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pay a bit extra. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I was joking about Almiron :lol:

Nah, you were seriously comparing (twice!) Almiron scoring in a friendly to Sesko scoring in a friendly.

I'm out.