More transfer rumours

midds

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Sold our soul to the devil for a load of Burnley players 

This. They should have just bought Burnley and we could have merged and then developed turf moor for a 100,000 capacity. Extended the metro lines and moved leazes terrace there. 

4 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Cornet outstanding at Lyon

scored some peaches at Burnley 

if we get him surely enough for centre forward plus ….Paqueta 🖤🤍

I will take this as we are getting Cornet, Paqueta and Sesko, cheers JBC

Scraping the barrel with Cornet. Would be very underwhelmed if that was the big attacking winger we end up with. We are miles behind the top 6 and let’s be honest signing Cornet doesn’t close the gap very much if at all. 

Just now, gdm said:

Scraping the barrel with Cornet. Would be very underwhelmed if that was the big attacking winger we end up with. We are miles behind the top 6 and let’s be honest signing Cornet doesn’t close the gap very much if at all. 

[emoji38]

Just now, The Prophet said:

Liverpool bought Robertson from Hull and Gini from us like. It's very player dependant.

Indeed it is, I was jesting because this forum loves to pick out relegated players it’s a yearly tradition. 

Just now, gdm said:

He was pish for Burnley especially in the run in. Laugh all you want It’s just a cheap signing 

We don't even know if we are in for him yet. It's just (yet another) rumour.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

We don't even know if we are in for him yet. It's just (yet another) rumour.

Was just about to say that tbf. I’d be surprised if we sign him. I don’t expect the world but the constant talk of sarr & cornet is just meh 

Just now, gdm said:

Was just about to say that tbf. I’d be surprised if we sign him. I don’t expect the world but the constant talk of sarr & cornet is just meh 

His stats are good mind. I just think if we'd really wanted him, it would have been done already. If we are in for him, can only be because we aren't getting our primary targets. I'm still witholding judgement as I think we must have other irons in the fire.

24 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Really is time to panic now mind nothing going on and times running out, how did it come to this?

I'm getting a bit impatient as thought we'd have at least one more through the door by now but no need to panic, hopefully we do get 2 more in by window shut. I'd be a bit disappointed if we don't, I won't lie 

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

His stats are good mind. I just think if we'd really wanted him, it would have been done already. If we are in for him, can only be because we aren't getting our primary targets. I'm still witholding judgement as I think we must have other irons in the fire.

Perhaps we are trying to secure our first choices before securing a stop gap? Similar to Burn.

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

He was pish for Burnley especially in the run in. Laugh all you want It’s just a cheap signing 

9 goals in 26 PL games in your first season in the league, playing in that Burnley side. He is good. May not be one of the sexier options we have been linked with, but absolutely worth more than the £18m or so he is available for.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

It’s just my opinion of a player which doesn’t count for much tbf. Personally I’d put the likes of Diaby & Barnes as top tier. Harrison & Hudson-Odoi are below that and Sarr and Cornet are even below that. Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

9 goals in 26 PL games in your first season in the league, playing in that Burnley side. He is good. May not be one of the sexier options we have been linked with, but absolutely worth more than the £18m or so he is available for.

Honestly with all my opinions I’m more than happy to be proved wrong. :thup: