More transfer rumours

midds

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Even just getting Cornet in gives us the goal threat on the rw and the cover to ST that we’re desperate for. Anything beyond that (and I would expect 1 more 25m+ player) would make this an incredible window imo.

A Barnes, Maddison or Werner type signing and my socks would be in orbit.

I really feel Werner would be absolutely brilliant here.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Pope/ Dubravka 

Trippier. Schar. Botman. Targett

Bruno. Joelinton. Maddison 

Cornet/Miggy                         ASM

Werner/Wilson

:notbad:

Think Maddison would be played on the right

Not that I think he'll sign as I've said

Edited by jack j

A dreamy scenario would be Maddison and Madueke and then a versatile striker on loan. Add Werner for example to those two and it would be an outrageously good window. I know it might be asking too much but not entirely impossible even if maybe a bit too optimistic. I’d be happier with slightly less like. 

1 hour ago, PeepShow4life said:

If Cornets buy out is 17.5m, that's a bargain at today's prices.

Thats an very low buy out price in todays market. So if they think its high its very wierd. 

12 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Thats an very low buy out price in todays market. So if they think its high its very wierd. 

Because Burnley are desperate for money and Everton who are next closest to signing him have also asked for the buy out to be reduced/restructured as they are skint also. All we need to do is match or slightly improve the restructure that Everton are offering.

3 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

If he (Werner) did come here, and I'm not getting my tail up about it as its highly unlikely, where would he play? 

You can't drop Wilson, so is it RW inside forward then upfront when Wilson gets injured? 

That’s how I’d see it.

1 hour ago, elbee909 said:

There seems to be a concerted effort to signpost via the media how we won't be a pushover in the marketplace. Which I get, but it feels a little overdone.

Yep, but when push comes to shove it doesn’t hurt to be seen in this way. 

1 minute ago, Interpolic said:

Why are so many people so keen on Werner given how badly he's failed in England so far? He's been here 2 seasons now. 

Not a loaded question, genuinely interested in the answer. 

I’m not keen on him at all but I’d prefer him to our current incumbents.

He is very quick and has a good engine. 
Also has a career to resuscitate so may have the hunger for it.

Why are so many people so keen on Werner given how badly he's failed in England so far? He's been here 2 seasons now. 

He’s ‘failed’ at Chelsea but a shitload of players have also supposedly failed there, including several current world class stars. His form and stats at Leipzig say that there’s a good player there who could make it given the right club/coaching/system etc. 

I don’t profess to know much about him, beyond the occasional highlights and internationals. His experience and demonstrated quality—pretty much 1 in 2 for Germany (24 goals, 53 games) and 88 top flight goals (183 games)— makes me confident that he would be an incredible asset. I also believe that Howe could/would get the best out of him. 

To get a striker like that on loan not only fills a glaring gap in our squad but frees up finances for outright purchases elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’s ‘failed’ at Chelsea but a shitload of players have also supposedly failed there, including several current world class stars. His form and stats at Leipzig say that there’s a good player there who could make it given the right club/coaching/system etc. 

Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku - all buried in the Chelsea graveyard but thriving elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Salah and De Bruyne failed there