Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

6 minutes ago, STM said:

SSN are pushing this deal like you wouldn't believe. Convinced there is just a small difference in valuation, player wants to come etc.

It makes sense tbh, it's a long term thing, he's not being brought here to save our season. Get him now while the big clubs are still wondering if he is worth the risk. 

Seemingly this one has built up a bit of speed since Wood has all but been confirmed.

Wouldn't be disappointed if Wood and Ekitike were the 2 strikers we bring in, not to say they would've been my first choice though.

11 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Payments split over the 5 year contract? So instalments over 5 years? That's very interesting if so, FFP would take less of a hit right? 

Aye, amortization is standard for almost all transfer deals these days and is indeed one of the many ways clubs get around FFP.

12 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Payments split over the 5 year contract? So instalments over 5 years? That's very interesting if so, FFP would take less of a hit right? 

Transfer fees are amortised in the accounts over the length of the contract so I don't think it would make much difference to FFP. Might be wrong though, it's complicated accounting stuff I imagine. 

Mad if we sign two strikers like. Who are the last two? Muto and Wilson? Fucking 3 years between them, we could end up getting 2 in the space of 3 weeks. For a combined £50m too. What’s gan on? :lol: 

47 minutes ago, TRon said:

It makes sense tbh, it's a long term thing, he's not being brought here to save our season. Get him now while the big clubs are still wondering if he is worth the risk. 

Then what If we go down?

Been on Reims forum and general consensus seems to be that deal is too good to turn down but it would be a bad move for the lad's career at this stage. They also think we are rubbish so assuming they are a fairly knowledgeable bunch.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Looks like  he could make a decent contribution as a sub.

We'll struggle to get him in and registered for Watford even if he flies in tomorrow. He's also very young and can't imagine he speaks/understands English perfectly so would need time to settle in with the squad and coaching team.

Who’s saying he’s the next Mbappe, like? Doesn’t look that great from the limited clips I’ve seen of him. Reims forums (I know, I’m sad) saying he isn’t ready for a PL move too and would snap our hands off for the money being touted.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Who’s saying he’s the next Mbappe, like? Doesn’t look that great from the limited clips I’ve seen of him. Reims forums (I know, I’m sad) saying he isn’t ready for a PL move too and would snap our hands off for the money being touted.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-news-ekitike-6476628.amp