Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

8 minutes ago, Zero said:

Demba Ba has a dodgy knee and that’s why he costed that little. This unproven kid is costing us 35m+. That’s a big difference 

Demba Ba would cost 50-70m in todays market. He was class.

Just imagining Demba’s exploding knee going off after it’s been packed full of rhe necessary next to this lazy cunt to teach him a proper English lesson. Sickening what he has done, turns the stomach. Is he even called Hugo? Disrespectful if so.

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

It's the risk of that mismanagement leading to long term damage. Not guaranteed of course but something for the medical experts to take into account.

Yes and to be assessed thoroughly if and when he has a medical with us. 

Very strange how quickly having concerns about a prospective signing's fitness has become politicised. 

Carl Cort, Albert Luque, Michael Owen etc. Surely it's reasonable for people to not want their fingers to be burnt? 

It's a reality that some players are more injury prone than others, and that one injury can change a player's career trajectory. Hopefully not in this kid's case, but we'll have to see. 

If we sign him and he does turn out to be a crock, I'm sure some will find a way to blame Howe and the owners for poor scouting and recklessness. 

8 minutes ago, 80 said:

Very strange how quickly having concerns about a prospective signing's fitness has become politicised. 

Carl Cort, Albert Luque, Michael Owen etc. Surely it's reasonable for people to not want their fingers to be burnt? 

It's a reality that some players are more injury prone than others, and that one injury can change a player's career trajectory. Hopefully not in this kid's case, but we'll have to see. 

If we sign him and he does turn out to be a crock, I'm sure some will find a way to blame Howe and the owners for poor scouting and recklessness. 

Nobody wants to get burnt, but he's gone from being next Henry potentially to someone who is apparently injury prone and not strong enough for the league off the back of this one injury for some. There's a difference between being concerned over time about evidence of injuries mounting up to kneejerking.

May as well free transfer Wilson and Trippier. Useless injury prone sods.

16 minutes ago, 80 said:

On the other hand he never has this issue again, joins PSG, becomes a world beater and we’ve missed out over something we could have managed.

Not saying his career is over or anything. But I like how the experts on here say that It’s Reims fault and that they played him too early, especially when considering you make it sound like a fact  :lol:  

The club will have access to whatever medical records they like. They’ve showed an interest in him since the winter, they know what injuries he’s suffered and how severe so I don’t think it is of concern. It might make a move difficult now depending on how quick Howe sees him being involved obviously. 

He could still pass a medical if we pursued the deal fwiw. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Not saying his career is over or anything. But I like how the experts on here say that It’s Reims fault and that they played him too early, especially when considering you make it sound like a fact  :lol:  

It's just a thought and opposing voice to those doing the total opposite as fact. Why not be positive? It's OK to give your opinion based on experience, especially since we've been a club ravaged by injuries and seen how it can turned around.

3 minutes ago, Ste said:

The club will have access to whatever medical records they like. They’ve showed an interest in him since the winter, they know what injuries he’s suffered and how severe so I don’t think it is of concern. It might make a move difficult now depending on how quick Howe sees him being involved obviously. 

He could still pass a medical if we pursued the deal fwiw. 

He surely has to be one for the future, not an expected starter. Bruno was far more established and look how slowly he was brought in. I'd suspect it will be even slower with Ekitike, especially if he misses pre-season from recovery etc.

1 minute ago, hakka said:

It's just a thought and opposing voice to those doing the total opposite as fact. Why not be positive? It's OK to give your opinion based on experience, especially since we've been a club ravaged by injuries and seen how it can turned around.

I agree that people overreact over the injury, but to it doesn’t make much sense to say that they played him too early and it’s their fault. I don’t think the injury is anything to be to concerned about, if it is then it will show later. I’m sure our staff will do the right thing no matter what. They could still get it wrong mind. Having said that it could break the deal from happening depending on how long he’s out for. IF it’s the same severe injury as before it’s not very good, but that’s not to say he will be injury prone for the rest of his career. But it’s never a good sign either.

7 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

He's pulled his hamstring ffs, they played him to early. That's all it is. He is young, he shouldn't have been rushed. The fact he has tape on his leg shows he needs  rest. It's ridiculous they played him. 

Someone said earlier that he came back on may 2nd - played a game then 46 mins in another game after that.

That don’t seem too early to me - let’s leave it to the pro’s to decide but two instances of the same injury will have alarm bells ringing 

27 minutes ago, hakka said:

Nobody wants to get burnt, but he's gone from being next Henry potentially to someone who is apparently injury prone and not strong enough for the league off the back of this one injury for some. There's a difference between being concerned over time about evidence of injuries mounting up to kneejerking.

May as well free transfer Wilson and Trippier. Useless injury prone sods.

Surely nobody’s said he could become the next Henry?

imo That’sa ridiculous statement to make for such a young inexperienced kid who hasn’t played in any of the hardest leagues yet.

39 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Surely nobody’s said he could become the next Henry?

imo That’sa ridiculous statement to make for such a young inexperienced kid who hasn’t played in any of the hardest leagues yet.

We are buying his potential. PSG and Real have been sniffing. He was second to Mbappe in certain stats last season, his first in top flight French league. He's a tall thin guy with good turn, skill and movement who plays that sort of marauding forward way. A comparison to such players always happens as a "how good could he be?" kinda of way. It happens all the time with players being likened to others in terms of rolling the dice on what your buying when its an up coming youngster. He's rated as 26th hottest prospect in Europe right now in one football article. Nobody is saying he is and will be like that, but there is an element of you've got to gamble on young talent like Ekitike in case they do turn out to be the next best thing etc. - that's all.

Edited by hakka