Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

40 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

For all the talk of Burnley mugging us off and their antivax weirdo being a huge upgrade, Wood has the same number of goals now and we haven’t lost a game with him in the side, not something Brexit FC can say

Imagine being worried about what Burnley would do with a little bit of cash. :yao:

I was happy enough with what Wood has brought to the team well before last night. He's been underwhelming in front of goal but he's given us a focal point that was clearly needed for Howe's instructions to work and by simply being there, worth every penny. I'm really pleased he's nabbed a goal and fingers crossed it gives him the confidence to grab a few more before the end of the season. 

13 minutes ago, wormy said:

Imagine being worried about what Burnley would do with a little bit of cash. :yao:

I was happy enough with what Wood has brought to the team well before last night. He's been underwhelming in front of goal but he's given us a focal point that was clearly needed for Howe's instructions to work and by simply being there, worth every penny. I'm really pleased he's nabbed a goal and fingers crossed it gives him the confidence to grab a few more before the end of the season. 

Completely agree. Thing for me as well has been that other than the one against Everton I can’t think of many chances he’s really had, so it wasn’t like he was missing loads of opportunities to score, they just weren’t falling to him. Great to see that once one was put on a plate for him (credit to Jonjo for that) he put it away like he’d been scoring all season.

Guest HTT II

To be fair he’s not had much service, a great ball in to his head and he got a goal, that’s what he needs. It was superb movement and timing too, getting in front of his marker and angling that header goalwards with power and accuracy. I thought his touch and technique was much better last night too.

Very happy for him. This goal will make a massive difference confidence wise.

First touch and simple things are so so so much more easy when having confidence.  No matter what level.

Edited by Ikon

Been a great signing. Some of the chances he's missed haven't been as easy as they look the headers especially because the crosses have had no pace on them and made it awkward for him to generate power. Give him crosses like Shelveys from other night and he will put them away 9 times out of 10.

No one on here should be bad mouthing Chris Wood after that. We had so little of the ball (27%) and he closed down everything and chased and did what he could against 3 CBs.

So few chances created today, would've been a miracle if he'd had scored.  Everyone talking about this game being a free hit and then getting on his back immediately because he hasn't single handedly won us the game.

Edited by Mazzy

People serious? I like him but 9 times out of then he did wrong. Couldn’t pass the ball or control it. Very good against Southampton but very poor today. 

Edited by Ikon

Said it in the match thread but if you were watching closely you'll have seen him constantly covering passing angles to Jorginho from the centre halves. He played a vital role today and deserves credit despite being really poor on the ball. 

Say what you want about what he does off the ball.

Since he's been here he has been worse than awful on the ball. Like significantly worse than I was expecting, and I was expecting shit.

He only has 7 assists in 163 PL appearances btw, which is much worse than I had imagined.

21 minutes ago, Ikon said:

People serious? I like him but 9 times out of then he did wrong. Couldn’t pass the ball or control it. Very good against Southampton but very poor today. 

Bit of a blind spot on here when it comes to Wood. He’s basically a poor excuse for a striker who has found himself insulated from criticism because those around him have been brilliant and the focus has been taken off his lack of pace, ability and goal threat.

I don’t want to be too critical because he’s just doing his best, by my word he should be in the group of players totally surplus come summer. 

I think the majority of us knew he had a lack of pace, ability and goal threat.

It's his lack of a first touch, or pass, or ability to assist goals on top of those deficiencies that is somewhat of a shock [emoji38]