Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Personally think he's been very poor and the winning run, for the most part, was in spite of his performances. I can see some positives that he brings but as a goal threat he offers very little, and ultimately that's what he's there for. 

1 minute ago, Thiago said:

His shortcomings have been more pronounced during this poor run. 

Part of me is just counting down the days until Wilson is back. 

I wouldn't expect to see Wilson again this season.  He's too injury prone and will surely break down if he comes back too early 

3 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Aye a know but hes helped keep us up, a know hes limited but go back 4 months & we had Andy Fucking carroll leading the line

Honestly loads on here go zero memories man 

Yeah and Carroll wasnt that much worse. Think that says it all.

4 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

I wouldn't expect to see Wilson again this season.  He's too injury prone and will surely break down if he comes back too early 

Maybe. 

Either way we're buying a big money forward this summer. 

4 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Many games we go unbeaten with Top notch leading the line ? 

Give over man ffs 

As a body on the pitch hes done ok. As a striker its been terrible. Give over yourself. Krafth has done his job (in some games) you satisfied with him as RB?

Unless we had spent £50+ in Jan it was always going to be like this. No ‘OK’ striker will look good in our team, especially not his type. 

I get why we signed him because of his clause etc, and we had a desperate need. But he’s going to look poor when we have no opportunities to cross or link up with him. 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

As a body on the pitch hes done ok. As a striker its been terrible. Give over yourself. Krafth has done his job (in some games) you satisfied with him as RB?

Well yes tbh, Krafth has played his part in keeping us up, every part of me just needed us to stay up this year, how we did it was & still is unimportant 

Be thankful for small mercies I think, 5 months ago we had Steve fat fuck bruce telling us how lucky we were to have him in charge with his "experience" so aye im delighted Krafth, Wood, Howe et al have arrived 

His work off the ball is phenomenal. He is what he is and helps the way we play ie high press/ capitalize on mistakes and knocking on the high ball...

He is deffo not a mid/top of the table striker.

6 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

If we hadn't have sign him and played Gayle that run wouldn't have happened and we wouldn't have as many points as we do now simple as that. From that point of view he's served his purpose.

:lol: Absolutely nothing to justify that fact whatsoever.

On 06/03/2022 at 11:53, The Prophet said:

If he plays his part in keeping us in the division, as he has done to date, then he wasn't a waste of money.

Still this. 

I'm unsure how you can give a striker with limited mobility too much stick in a 5-1 defeat where we had just 38% of the ball.

Our fans just have a hard on for getting on his and ASM's backs as soon as things go even the slightest bit pear shaped, regardless whether their performances vindicates it or not.

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol: Absolutely nothing to justify that fact whatsoever.

Disagree, I don't think with Gayle up top we'd have seen that run of form.

That's not to say Wood has been good, or that we might not have still got out of the relegation zone had we signed someone else instead of him, but I really don't think we'd have had a chance with Gayle up front. The fact Wood is struggling and Gayle still doesn't get a kick tells its own story. 

Edited by Joey Linton

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

He's dogshit, let's stop pretending now, its ridiculous. 

No one is arguing otherwise, but hes been a part of the jigsaw that looks likely to keep us in the PL

Hes zero long term future with us bit who cares ? played his part & for that im delighted 

51 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Unless we had spent £50+ in Jan it was always going to be like this. No ‘OK’ striker will look good in our team, especially not his type. 

I get why we signed him because of his clause etc, and we had a desperate need. But he’s going to look poor when we have no opportunities to cross or link up with him. 

Or he’s just poor because he’s a dinosaur of a striker. His limited skill set will only ever look half decent in a restive, cynical and direct setup. I’m not sure why proponents of playing modern football on here and elsewhere have given him a free pass for so long. 

People are massively magnifying his contribution - he's been shit. It's like giving credit for having a measly drop of water in an otherwise dry desert, that's his time here so far.