Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I remember this happening when Joselu missed a pen. Felt so bad for him. Look at him now!

Yeah, I remember that.  You can almost see the confidence flood from the player’s eyes and body.

I’ve seen it with a few forwards - though the worst of all I’ve seen wasn’t a centre forward, it Des Hamilton away to Derby on Boxing Day many moons ago.  He was put through on goal and literally tripped over his own legs - the away end went crackers, but for some reason I just stood there and watched him.  Poor lad just looked like he wanted the pitch to open up and swallow him.  He wasn’t a particularly good footballer, but fuck me I’ve never felt more sorry for anyone on a football pitch (barring an injury)

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

Apart from his club foot finishing, it's the runs he makes that depress me. They are void of anticipation and the acceleration needed to get to where you need to get to

Seen someone on Twitter say he runs like he’s wearing DeWalt work boots. Very apt. 

40 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

His reaction to that miss was sad. Seemed like he knew it meant more than simply missing a shot.

I think players know when a fan base in on the edge of turning against them. He knew that would do it for a section of our support. 

Probably reading too much into it hah.

Your not reading too much into it at all, for that is exactly what will happen now. The home crowd will not give him an inch, and Eddie will be sending him out to the lions if he plays him in any other circumstances other than sheer desperation.

You know a miss is bad when even a professional commentator takes the piss out of it. “Chris Wood, what have you done”.

I feel sorry for the lad a bit because he has obviously been liked in the dressing room and gives his all. Tonight proved though that he needs to leave the club before next season.

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Your not reading too much into it at all, for that is exactly what will happen now. The home crowd will not give him an inch, and Eddie will be sending him out to the lions if he plays him in any other circumstances other than sheer desperation.

You know a miss is bad when even a professional commentator takes the piss out of it. “Chris Wood, what have you done”.

I feel sorry for the lad a bit because he has obviously been liked in the dressing room and gives his all. Tonight proved though that he needs to leave the club before next season.

Earning 100k a week being fucking dogshit in what is supposed to be your job does not make me feel sorry for him personally. Its hard, he earns a crazy amount and thats not his fault, but still. Nah, not having it, hope he is left off the bus.

I'm sure I've said it a few times in this thread, but I'm actually shocked how bad a finisher he is. Prior to coming here I had thought he was just a muck and nettles striker who actually put stuff away when he got the chance. Maybe he just scored all his goals against us.

In the match thread I said he made Windass look like Messi, and I don't think it's an exaggeration.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I'm sure I've said it a few times in this thread, but I'm actually shocked how bad a finisher he is. Prior to coming here I had thought he was just a muck and nettles striker who actually put stuff away when he got the chance. Maybe he just scored all his goals against us.

In the match thread I said he made Windass look like Messi, and I don't think it's an exaggeration.

He’s mind-meltingly bad atm.  Every game seems to drain his confidence further - he’s a mediocre centre forward who simply doesn’t fit our game plan, and chucking the bloke on every game just isn’t helping.

I hope this is the last time I post on this thread. No more excuses, he's just bad from top to bottom. Piss poor. Time to go, his two penalties were great thanks.

Remember how he would physically drain the energy from powerful crosses, as if he was skilfully guiding them back into the keeper's arms as a defender? That was a year ago, and he's gotten worse. Get rid. Ta-ra

We’ve now had enough of a sample size. There’s no point being a striker if you don’t score goals - he doesn’t even look likely to score goals. He looks petrified to be playing for us. Should have netted at least once against Leeds and ridiculous miss tonight. Nice header for the first goal can’t be denied, but on balance he just doesn’t appear able to score goals at this level. Much like Murphy, it’s best for all parties to move on.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Like fuck am I watching it again :lol:

Don’t do it, it looks even worse on the second viewing.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, gbandit said:

Struggling to think of the last time one of our strikers or former strikers missed a chance that easy, or at least missed getting it on target by a mile 

He had so much time and space too, why the fuck did he go first time. Fucking idiot

He had to have been better elsewhere than he's been for us.

Based on what we've seen he wouldn't have made it as far as Leeds or Burnley.

Ultra reasonable thing to say would be its not worked out here and isnt going to.  Best for all concerned to part way ASAP if at all possible.