Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Will he suit their style of play?  Just wondering why they value him when he’s not really done it for us? Perhaps one of the Forest lads will join and give their thoughts?

Chris Wood looks like a strong striker that can hold up the ball but he's never been that or close to it. His hold up play is awful and so he isn't really suited to a one striker setup. At Burnley he looked to make runs in behind while Ashley Barnes did all of the hold up play and engaging with defenders.

Nottingham Forest have been playing Gibbs-White in behind both strikers Awoniyi and Brennan Johnson, who both look to make forward runs in behind or into the channels. In that regard he'll probably find things easier and more familiar. With Awoniyi out he'll likely start upfront with Brennan Johnson and give them the size and ability to finish with his head they are now missing upfront.

I think he'll score some goals there for them the rest of the way, so good luck to him. He came in contributed to us staying up, and hasn't dug his heels in about leaving when the opportunity has come along for us to move him on. Fair play to the guy, seems sound.

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Does a struggling Forest boss start turning up to pressers in a depleted mood? No, he turns up with Chris Wood. Perception. He's leading Forest into battle.

:lol:

It doesn't matter for us. Wor Callum can do a lot it anyway.

Good luck to him. Played an important role in our resurgence, good pro, seems a sound bloke. 

Think he was just a bit overwhelmed by the size of the club tbh, and the pressure that comes with that. Reckon he'll get back to his 8-10 goals a season at another PL club that's a bit more low key. 

Good luck to him. 

I think it’s a mistake to let him go unless we have a replacement. I’m assuming the terms of the loan must have been favourable for us financially. 

Bit mental we’ve got a semi final against Southampton and we’ve shipped him out because he was nailed on to score last them [emoji38]

I feel a bit bad for him though - I understand there’s no room for sentiment. He’s played a part since last January and felt he deserved to see out the season given the cup run and fight for a European finish. 

He’s not great mind. 

22 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

With his stellar record of winning headers, he'll be a huge hit. 

He doesn't really win them in general play, but he will score a good headed goal though. 

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

He's done his bit for us (helping us to stay up and stabilize) I've not got a bad word to say about him and wish him well for the future with Forest. :thup:

Exactly this, hasn't bagged loads of goals and has missed a couple of sitters but he's done an alright job, similar to when we had Daryl Murphy, chipped in with an odd goal here and there, came on when needed and ran his socks off.

If he's leaving we now only left with 2 strikers so surely a replacement is on its way

Just now, Geordie Magpie said:

Exactly this, hasn't bagged loads of goals and has missed a couple of sitters but he's done an alright job, similar to when we had Daryl Murphy, chipped in with an odd goal here and there, came on when needed and ran his socks off.

If he's leaving we now only left with 2 strikers so surely a replacement is on its way

The hatred on here is weird. He seems a decent guy, I’d have taken the chance he did and he’s popped a few in. In our position, not sure what more you could ask from a 3rd choice forward.

Good luck to him

4 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

The hatred on here is weird. He seems a decent guy, I’d have taken the chance he did and he’s popped a few in. In our position, not sure what more you could ask from a 3rd choice forward.

Good luck to him

What hatred? Vast majority of comments are "good lad but pretty shit, did a job but now is surplus to requirements". I don't see that as hatred. He's a very limited player (or has performed as such for us), and it's best for all concerned if he moves on.

Good luck to him.