Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

I partly feel sorry for them and partly want to laugh at them. I applaud the effort they showed in trying to strengthen their squad but their spending decisions were largely woeful. It’s a real shame because the amount they spent could have made them a 12th-15th PL club for a few seasons at least

36 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Will be interesting to see how much they get for Wood & Shelvey. 

It would be very difficult for them to find anyone as stupid as themselves to pay the wages they are on, regardless of the transfer fee. How the fuck we managed to mug them off so badly is beyond me. Forests DOF is maybe Saudi? :icon_scratch:

15 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Weird they don't want to keep him, given he's so responsible for saving clubs from relegation.

He does have a 100% record at being a saviour, in fairness to the big man. (Has he ever been relegated from the PL?)

• 3 months later...

I feel that he didn’t really click here mentally, wether it was an increase in pressure and playing for higher stakes than he had before or whatever. Even though his attributes were not suited to it he did function well enough in our system and played his role effectively enough, he just did not have that confidence or killer instinct in front of goal. Glad to see him seemingly more at home for them.