Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

It’s just a bit bizarre. £100m to spend, your only PL standard striker is made of glass and we buy Chris Wood for a ludicrous fee. I hope Howe realises what a daft mistake that was. 

I'm not disagreeing just curious who do you think we should have got instead? Think we had a mixture of people not wanting to sell and players not wanting to come. He definatley played a part in some of our wins.

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I know Gayle is pretty rank but I'm not sure it's to the point where Wood deserves to play 90 every week. 

That's what I don't get. Yes, Gayle is shite, but is he really THAT shite that he can't even get 20 mins off the bench? Wood will cost us about £5m per PL goal scored before he leaves by the look of it.

Always staggered that there never seems to be a young kid (18/19) who plays as CF for the reserves or U21s that could come in and help out to give him the break he desperately needs. There's Wilson, Wood and Gayle. That's it. Like zero other strikers that are coming through and could benefit from PL minutes. 

We're still sparse as fuck in all areas as a club. 

Just now, midds said:

Always staggered that there never seems to be a young kid (18/19) who plays as CF for the reserves or U21s that could come in and help out to give him the break he desperately needs. There's Wilson, Wood and Gayle. That's it. Like zero other strikers that are coming through and could benefit from PL minutes. 

We're still sparse as fuck in all areas as a club. 

I was just thinking this earlier, there's absolutely no underbelly to the squad whatsoever. 

I’d make him a priority sale for summer while we can still get a fee for him

from a bottom five PL side. He’s clearly not going to fit for our future so ship him out as soon as possible so we can bring two new strikers in 

5 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I was just thinking this earlier, there's absolutely no underbelly to the squad whatsoever. 

It's not entirely surprising if you consider the fact the club has only lived to exist in the PL without any regard to any other level of squad. Nothing else has mattered to Ashley. Just keep the club in the PL, that's been the mission for over a decade and fuck the consequences such as the one we're talking about now. No standards within the club, no talent coming through, no regard for anything other than staying up :thup:

9 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I'd be tempted to have Westendorf on the bench considering Gayle is just there for show. 

11 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Played his part in keeping us in the PL 

Cant call the lad like 

Unless (in the highly unlikely event) his goal against Soton turns out to be the one that keeps us up then that is bollocks.

If we could get 10m for him in the summer then he should be away.

We’re desperate for Wilson to come back like. Feel like Spurs could push on and commit bodies forward today knowing there was no threat coming their way. Saying that, Wood’s still a better option up top than Gayle and unfortunately thats our only options at the moment. I really wouldn’t be against binning him in the summer though, I don’t think he’s even a good back up option. 

38 minutes ago, midds said:

It's not entirely surprising if you consider the fact the club has only lived to exist in the PL without any regard to any other level of squad. Nothing else has mattered to Ashley. Just keep the club in the PL, that's been the mission for over a decade and fuck the consequences such as the one we're talking about now. No standards within the club, no talent coming through, no regard for anything other than staying up :thup:

Impacts on the players who are struggling too. Wood needs taken out of the side, but he can't be really.

It's difficult to solve the problem too because you can't backfill with too many players and tell them they won't be playing often as they walk through the door. 

Edited by Joey Linton