Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

45 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Love this from their forum

:lol:

At least they recognised it was one.

One idiot says he doesn't want Harry Kane and gets laughed at, so then we're difficult to take seriously? :lol:

It's all part of Eddie's plan. Send him to Forest, he helps them win their semi-final against Man Utd, he can't play the final because of his loan and cup-tied, we also don't need to play him. Beautiful.

Jokes aside, he's a good pro. Worked hard for us. Perhaps had too big a price tag on him, thus the criticism to him was a bit much but he'll do his job for Forest I'm sure. Good luck lad!

Edited by nufcjb

5 hours ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

It's pretty par for the course here TBF. Instead of having a debate about whether Kane would fit into our system, people just go for lazy personal attacks. It's pretty boring, but there are a couple of posters who you can have a conversation with, so I just ignore those who seek validation by parroting what the majority are saying without actually saying anything.

I mean, if it makes you feel better ... I kind of got the gist of what you were saying. Basically that you'd prefer a more dynamic, mobile striker that gets in behind, carries the ball and stays higher up the pitch more often. I kind of get it to be honest. I love those kind of strikers too and do think it suits Howe's approach the best.

The funny thing about what you said about Kane is that these criticisms where being levelled at him throughout the World Cup and often even before that for England, because the wide players weren't looking to make runs in behind and ahead of him often enough and so the attack looked ineffective a lot of the time, and there were often calls for him to stay higher up the pitch because he wasn't deemed to be enough of a goal threat.

I think with our current wide options it would probably be a similar sort of issue, and people would likely start complaining about the same thing. If he did come in we'd certainly need wide players that are a lot more of a threat in behind and who were more consistent goal threats. It's similar to what Liverpool had when they played Firmino with Mane and Salah. Mane and Salah were lethal wide forwards that pushed forward essentially and Firmino could drop and dictate play and it worked very nicely.

7 hours ago, Pata said:

Wonder when our fans realise we need a squad and not just five purples and the rest. :lol: We are an injury to Almiron away from starting Jacob Murphy.

And schar injury to playing Lascelles 

Burn injury to J Lewis 

Central midfield injury to playing Eddie Howe at CDM

8 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Took the words out of my mouth :) it really winds them up, and they bite every time

Not unlike us newcastle fans getting wound up by people referring to Man Utd as United 

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Could know a bit more in the next hour or so when Cooper does his pre match presser.

Does a struggling Forest boss start turning up to pressers in a depleted mood? No, he turns up with Chris Wood. Perception. He's leading Forest into battle.