Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

So that means Wood cost us £10m plus a years wages. Looks a much better deal now 

Yep, we needed a focal point striker, he did what eddie asked, we stayed up comfortably.  Wish him well and Ill he seems like a great bloke.  Obviously wants regular starts as well.

With such a deal then I think it likely was just to good to turn down and we dont have a replacement lined up. 

Fine by me, id rather use the funds in midtfield instead. 

He didnt work out as a super sub, but I think he did a good job last season and i think he can do a good job as a regular at Nottingham.

The clause is probably(hopefully) dependant on appearances and on them staying up. 

Edited by Displayname

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

[emoji38] the fewm

25m for that plank. 

Show me a worse signing? 

Owen of course worst signing in NUFC history by a country mile. A few others... Rivière, Boumsong, Muto, Marcelino, Xisco, Saivet, De Jong, Cabella, Marveaux, Riviere, Doumbia, Babayaro, Barnes, Rush, Colback, Guivarc'h, Hendrick, Ireland, Larnock, C Moore, Oates, Pancrate, Pinas, Sels, Dahl Tomasson, A Andersson and Sol Cambell.

But especially the twat Owen. 

7 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Owen of course worst signing in NUFC history by a country mile. A few others... Rivière, Boumsong, Muto, Marcelino, Xisco, Saivet, De Jong, Cabella, Marveaux, Riviere, Doumbia, Babayaro, Barnes, Rush, Colback, Guivarc'h, Hendrick, Ireland, Larnock, C Moore, Oates, Pancrate, Pinas, Sels, Dahl Tomasson, A Andersson and Sol Cambell.

But especially the twat Owen. 

And still probably the worst 4 strikers in my lifetime.......Rob Macdonald, Ray Clarke and Bobby Shinton and Billy Rafferty.

Thought Marveaux was cany, didn’t get a proper chance really. I remember him swing in a fantastic cross for cisse to score a last minute winner in the waffa cup.  He doesn’t deserve to be in a list of worse signings at all.

Edited by Broadsword

4 minutes ago, Broadsword said:

Thought Marveaux was cany, didn’t get a proper chance really. I remember him swing in a fantastic cross for cisse to score a last minute winner in the waffa cup.  He doesn’t deserve to be in a list of worse signings at all.

It's only my list mate, so it doesn't really count.

But one goal or was it two ?  from 38 appearances is why he's in my list. He did have a bad injury when here, so maybe I'm being a bit unkind. 

12 minutes ago, simonsays said:

So, we bought him for £25m on a 2.5 year deal.  1 year down means amortisation of £10m and we are getting £15m for him.  Does that mean in FFP terms he has cost us nothing?

Yeah if we do receive £15m then we are £5 million profit I think until the next year has passed