Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

Davies, Delph, and Doucoure all out.

Calvert-Lewis is 50/50, misses out today after picking up a knock in the last home game.

Pickford in goal. Townsend and Rondon coming back. Alli no doubt being a proper cunt, as always. Lampard/Cole in the dugout for their first game.

Night game. Sold out. Wor Flags. Three new signings making debuts. Coming in on the back of a win/successful training camp/biggest spend in a window for eons.

It’s all set up to be a proper match. I’m going to say 2-2, with us being unlucky not to win.

I feel like we’ll win. We should look a lot less vulnerable, we should be able to get the ball to ASM a bit higher up. 

Of course they might get some kind of bounce but Lampard isn’t a good manager, and their signings are punts. 

Let’s go do it. 

I'd have had VDB here but I also would have been well aware that it was a punt. There is a reason why VDB has been left out of Man Uniteds side by 2 managers. My guess is that he isn't anywhere near the standard they thought he would be when he arrived. He can't be full of confidence.

Get stuck into him, remind him he's shit.

Lampard will either go 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with two attacking midfields. They'll try and press high up the pitch and he'll be content with leaving the defence exposed. 

Sticking to 2-1.

Edited by The Prophet

I'm starting to feel more confident, based on absolutely nothing. Crowd will rattle Pickford as usual, and he'll make a howler at some point. We'll finally dominate a midfield, and create enough to win. Alli goal is absolutely nailed on though.

3-1 

Edited by SiLvOR

Going to this one and for the first time I’m in an exec box (yeah yeah look at me ) . Getting a bit more confident nearer the game and if their new boys aren’t match fit I think we may have a decent chance .

Still be happy with a point mind , feel our new boy Bruno may be on bench .

Watched the first half of Everton vs Brentford, doing a bit of scouting for Eddie: :lol:

-Everton like to fuck about with the ball at the back, so press their defenders.

-Their centre midfield of Allan and Andre Gomes look good on the ball but lazy as fuck, Joe should get some joy.

-Clear danger of Gray and Richarlison who have massive pace on the break.

-Stick someone next to dino-arms on every set piece, he shits himself every time.

I believe we will dominate the match but lack of creativity and sharpness in the final third of the pitch will again hurt us. Post match we’ll again talk about how much we needed a Lingard in this team.

2-2, but our overall play should at least see us score 4 or 5.

Edited by Milburn