Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

Schar was our motm against Leeds yet I see people picking lascelles in there starting lineups. I'd stick with schar and let lascelles be on the bench. Don't fancy lascelles up against richarlison gray at all penalty waiting to happen. 

Not got a good feeling about this one, I was counting on Dan Burn playing, Lascelles and Shcar would be ok if it was just one of them, but both together, and you can see one of them making a mistake. Really need something from the front three tomorrow, Everton have defended badly all season.

Re the hatred towards us on GOT, from spending a bit of time on there the impression I get is that - for some weird reason - they appear to liken us to Liverpool/the 'red scum'. I see the odd reference to us and Liverpool supposedly being chums or whatever, very strange. I guess the thing us and Liverpool do have in common is that we're both regional 'top dogs' (snarf), which Everton obviously aren't. So a bit of bitterness via that, maybe. 

Some of the hate is palpable, like. One example from their current pre-match thread:

"Couldn't stand these whoppers even before they went all in on sucking off a repressive regime just to get a few dollars stuffed in their G-string. Hope we blast the horse-punching whoppers back into the championship, forever." 

Then the same guy quoting himself unprompted:

"Sorry, just reiterating how much I hate these absolute cretins and how tumescent I am at the thought of slapping them into League One." 

I cannot fathom being that worked up about a team where there is no tangible rivalry whatsoever beyond sharing a division. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Re the hatred towards us on GOT, from spending a bit of time on there the impression I get is that - for some weird reason - they appear to liken us to Liverpool/the 'red scum'. I see the odd reference to us and Liverpool supposedly being chums or whatever, very strange. I guess the thing us and Liverpool do have in common is that we're both regional 'top dogs' (snarf), which Everton obviously aren't. So a bit of bitterness via that, maybe. 

Some of the hate is palpable, like. One example from their current pre-match thread:

"Couldn't stand these whoppers even before they went all in on sucking off a repressive regime just to get a few dollars stuffed in their G-string. Hope we blast the horse-punching whoppers back into the championship, forever." 

Then the same guy quoting himself unprompted:

"Sorry, just reiterating how much I hate these absolute cretins and how tumescent I am at the thought of slapping them into League One." 

I cannot fathom being that worked up about a team where there is no tangible rivalry whatsoever beyond sharing a division. 

They are called the scouse mackems for a reason

59 minutes ago, Rich said:

Dubravka

Trippier Lascelles Burn Targett

Guimarães Shelvey Joelinton

Fraser Wood Saint-Maximin

Darlow, Krafth, Schär, Manquillo, S.Longstaff, Willock, Murphy, Almiron, Gayle

Squad sort of picks itself, but think that’ll be the XI and bench. Fernandez, Dummett, Ritchie, and Wilson are injured and Gillespie isn’t needed.

Honestly think if Burn is fit, the biggest decision is Lascelles vs. Schär. I know who

I’d be picking on ability and form…

I think we will see that line up with the exception of the centre defensive pairing. I’m sure Howe mentioned that Burn has a toe infection so that probably means that it’s Lascelles and Schar that stay together with Burn on the bench 

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I think we will see that line up with the exception of the centre defensive pairing. I’m sure Howe mentioned that Burn has a toe infection so that probably means that it’s Lascelles and Schar that stay together with Burn on the bench 

He said they wouldn’t know about Burn until after training today. It’s the kind of thing players can take an injection for and use padding with, so seems like they’d be testing that out today to see what the reaction is.

Surely a 6’7” Blyth lad on the cusp of making a home debut for his boyhood club isn’t going to be kept out by an infected toe?

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

He said they wouldn’t know about Burn until after training today. It’s the kind of thing players can take an injection for and use padding with, so seems like they’d be testing that out today to see what the reaction is.

Surely a 6’7” Blyth lad on the cusp of making a home debut for his boyhood club isn’t going to be kept out by an infected toe?

I dunno, if he gets stood on he could be out for ages with that?

I’m just thinking that it is an easy way out with what it is a difficult team selection choice for Eddie between Lascelles, Schar and Burn competing for two places (when Lascelles is captain and Schar having played so well against Leeds). I can see Eddie keeping it the same and then bringing on Burn to help us see out the win

I’d rather see Willock keep his place somehow or Murphy play instead of Fraser. Need a bit more pace and some kind of attacking threat in the team. Fraser is just all graft and not a lot else. 

Fully expect him to start, mind. Not massively arsed, either way. It’s not like Obertan or Ryan Taylor keeping HBA out the side. We’re not really spoilt for choice. 

12 hours ago, GWN said:

Very much me , I 100% expect the worst every time [emoji38]

I totally understand :lol:

For me though we’re in a new era. This is the new Newcastle United and I don’t want to expect the worst any more. Negativity is toxic and transmissible and I really think that our collective negativity can adversely affect the energy around the team. Not to be too new age hippy about it…. :lol:

18 minutes ago, LV said:

I totally understand :lol:

For me though we’re in a new era. This is the new Newcastle United and I don’t want to expect the worst any more. Negativity is toxic and transmissible and I really think that our collective negativity can adversely affect the energy around the team. Not to be too new age hippy about it…. :lol:

Unfortunately it makes you care again, which as history tells us means you get kicked in the genitalia, repeatedly..... love it to be different but supporting Newcastle should come with a cricket box 

Often it's not negativity,  it's self preservation

Absolutely gutted I won't be there tonight, like. I hope it's an atmosphere to remember. I think I'll have to go to the pub because the tension will be too much without a beer in hand. :lol: