Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

To be honest, they are a reasonable set of requests. Footballers shouldn't get away with what they do. I'm not going to criticise Lampard for being a disciplinarian.

However, the real take away from that, is that he feels the need to make it a formal fines list, rather than just earning the respect and fear of his playing staff organically.

The day you stick that fines list on the notice board, you automatically create enemies. Where as, if you made an example early doors, the others would get the message.

12 hours ago, madras said:

I think Shelvey will be in just long enough till Howe is assured Bruno gets the tempo and physicality. Hopefully the entire team gets to be better for having someone like Bruno in there.

Totally agree this is how it will likely play out. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Bruno coming in off the bench for Everton. There's going to be a total meltdown on here when he doesn't start though like. :lol:

36 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Totally agree this is how it will likely play out. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Bruno coming in off the bench for Everton. There's going to be a total meltdown on here when he doesn't start though like. :lol:

I’m already furious about the starting line up TBH [emoji38]

I don’t think he’ll change the system he’s been working on for the past weeks. I think Burn and Targett will be straight in and we might see Bruno later in the game depending on how it’s going.

We could really do with beating these to keep them in the mix. 

I hope Wood scores. 

Given Bruno isn't getting into Newcastle until Saturday, and we'll potentially be jet lagged, and won't have an understanding of the team, there might be communication issues etc (Anyone know how good his English is?), and it'll only be 2/3 days out from the game as well as the fact CM is such a vital area of the pitch, think its pretty fair for him to start on the bench to be honest, even if I really want to see him in the black and white. 

Just now, 54 said:

Given Bruno isn't getting into Newcastle until Saturday, and we'll potentially be jet lagged, and won't have an understanding of the team, there might be communication issues etc (Anyone know how good his English is?), and it'll only be 2/3 days out from the game as well as the fact CM is such a vital area of the pitch, think its pretty fair for him to start on the bench to be honest, even if I really want to see him in the black and white. 

His English is better than Jon Jo’s…

16 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I don’t think he’ll change the system he’s been working on for the past weeks. I think Burn and Targett will be straight in and we might see Bruno later in the game depending on how it’s going.

We could really do with beating these to keep them in the mix. 

I hope Wood scores. 

All of this. 

We are far too shit to be debating whether Bruno needs eased into the side like. Let's go and win the game and then give him a rest with 20 minutes to go, if we have that luxury.

Has to start.

Thinking about this, it's actually quite a big game. A victory would be yuuuuge. Back to back wins and  four unbeaten, the confidence will begin return and I'd be confident we'll go on to beat Villa and give West Ham a game.

While a draw would also extend the unbeaten run, barring a miraculous come back, it would feel like more of the same. It's essential that we start taking maximum points in some of these winnable home games. That's not to say a draw would be a disaster or that we won't go on to beat Villa, but coming off the back of yet another draw, obviously won't carry the same morale boost. 

A loss would would potentially see us back to square one, with the mental fragility of the players.