Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

I've actually got quite a lot of work done today, been trying to avoid getting too involved in this game because there's too much tension. Feels like there's much more at stake than just three points.

• Their transfer window signings vs ours
  • Howe vs Lampard
  • Barcodes vs scouse mackems
  • Rafa's legacy

4 hours ago, ManDoon said:

We don’t have time to not start him. He seems bang up for it, he has to start imo 

Agree. We didn't have time for Howe to learn not to play Darlow and Clark, and those decisions cost us. We don't have time for him to play it safe, he needs to get the team selections right now until the end of the season because there is no margin for error. The board have backed him in the transfer market and he needs to capitalise on it and not be conservative like he has before.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Victor Anichebe being asked about Newcastle on SSN, clearly dislikes us, clearly has no clue who we have signed etc. What a dafty.

He got a horrendous injury at SJP from an awful Nolan tackle tbf, meant he couldn't play for about a year

6 minutes ago, Thiago said:
I always find it odd how often Everton fans talk about how big they SHOULD be when so many mock us for thinking we could be bigger. They've done next to nothing in the Premier League era of note.

As with anything, we should accept whatever fans think of their own club. They're the ones who know. 

3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I don’t see how wanting our new signing who’s literally played all season, to start a match we are desperate to win is some sort of bad thing lol. Of course people would moan if he doesn’t and we get beat. Is every decision completely infallible now. Everyone knows he isn’t a squad player ffs 

His comments today about our future has proper riled me up. That and 6 pints deep so far ..

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

As with anything, we should accept whatever fans think of their own club. They're the ones who know. 

I definitely think there’s a lot to this, but wouldn’t apply it as a concrete rule. Mackems as just one example would have you believe they are the r biggest classiest club and fans in the world.

Edited by Rafalove