Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

If Burn isn’t fit, fair enough. I guess we are short of CB’s for now with Dummett and Fede injured and Clark not registered. So we need him on the bench. But not starting Bruno and Fraser and Shelvey seemingly undroppable.

Man, that’s a depressing start to the evening before a ball has been kicked. 

3 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Ballsy asf I'll give him that.

Wouldn't say that, seems more like he's playing it safe.  He thinks too much change too fast is risky, but the real risk is in not changing a shite team as fast as possible.  Every game is precious now, we can't afford to keep playing the same old shit that got us here.

Expected starting line up for me. It’d have been a risk starting Bruno after only a couple of training sessions and not knowing how bad some of his team mates can be. It’s a crucial position he plays.

He’ll come off the bench after he’s seen what’s what.

7 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Ballsy asf I'll give him that.

Vile behaviour quoting myself but I guess it could be looked as ballless, too.

Let's hope the trust he has in this team isn't misplaced.

Edited by nemtizz

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Trust the manager. 

Amazing how many of our fans know so much better than Eddie Howe.

I mean, I get it, nobody is above criticism but fuck me it's way OTT.

He's doing what 90% of managers would have done, and the same thing that the manager in the opposition dug out has done.

It's a disappointing because we all wanted him to play but that's it.

1 minute ago, hakka said:

Nailed on we will throw Bruno on in a panic when we are losing. Absolutely stupid move not to give our best player every minute on the pitch while he's fit and available. 

And if he needs 15,20,25 minutes to get going (I don’t think he does) he’ll struggle to make an impact coming on in the 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Hate to be negative :whistle:but I see no reason not to start him. 

Probably doesn't want to change a winning team. Even Targett is enforced because of Dummett's injury.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

In all seriousness unless he's knackered and cannot last the full 90 that is poor going like. We've looked absolutely appalling in midfield.

Yeah I don't get it. It's not like he's a wing back and needs to as acutely understand the ebb and flow of attack and defence, I expect he'll sit and hold in front of the defence right? Feel like that doesn't require quite him to be quite as sympatico with the team ethos/way of doing things. Especially as the way of doing things is relatively shite. :lol: He's a motor in central midfield, I think that outweighs any tactical advantage given up.

Unless he's not fit.

Maybe I'm being daft.