Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

Just now, Big Geordie said:

If Bruno had been here for the past week, then he would have started. As it is - it's been 3 days. We are just gonna have to wait and see what happens.

I also remember Cisse coming on from the bench, on his debut (scored a great winner v Villa)

:clap:

The pop when he comes on is going to be unreal.

Edited by cubaricho

Start your best players when fit, always. We don’t have time to ease players in, not when you’ve just spent 40m on a player who has been identified as being crucial to how weintend to play and who gives us things no-one else does in our engine room. Hopefully it won’t back-fire!

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

We're back to being unbearable before a ball is kicked. It's going to be a riot if we get beat.

Tbf, and I probably agree with not starting him given the circumstances, everyone just knows what desperate position we're in and we all just want our best chance of winning. It's less about being unbearable and more about opinion on what our best chance is.

Fwiw also Pardew would have played him because he didn't spend any time preparing for matches or working on any tactics or positions or flows of play etc. Howe will have these players drilled, changing a cog in a running machine could damage the entire machine.

1 minute ago, CFlan said:

Any other position on the pitch I could understand it but we know what our CM’s are like. Bruno could’ve landed from Brazil at 7:40pm tonight and he’d still be a better option than that other pair. 

Well that's the thing for me. Was he really likely to be less effective than Willock? And Willock would be a great sub to bring on in the second half if we were chasing a win.

I'd have started him, as many would have, but then as an arm chair fan I'm not privy to the same information that Howe is.

That's not to say he's incapable of making a bad call, he's made a couple already, but the unwillingness to give him the benefit of the doubt is ridiculous, particularly without knowing his reasoning.

Oof. Not sure how I feel about that decision. Would've started him myself so can understand people's frustration, but trust that Howe knows what he's doing with more information than the rest of us. Hopefully in a couple of hours time it won't matter because we'll have walked away with the win.

Again, I would have started Bruno. Again, I'm disappointed that he hasn't started. But rather importantly, I don't have a fucking clue in comparison to Howe.

Bruce was a different matter.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Again, I would have started Bruno. Again, I'm disappointed that he hasn't started. But rather importantly, I don't have a fucking clue in comparison to Howe.

Bruce was a different matter.

:clap:

Exactly how I feel. 

I’d have thrown him in but what the fuck do I know?

8 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

If Bruno had been here for the past week, then he would have started. As it is - it's been 3 days. We are just gonna have to wait and see what happens.

I also remember Cisse coming on from the bench, on his debut (scored a great winner v Villa)

A pure pearler as well what a nostalgic memory 15 minutes before watching this shite haha

7 minutes ago, peder said:

Close to criminal to bench bruno here. 
an 50% matchfit bruno is better then the alternatives. This is sad. I dont dare to watch the match now. 

:wave: