Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

Not gonna lie, buzzing that Bruno isn't starting. That said we have no left back - whoevers there, I'd be getting ASM at them all night.

For once we have some legitimate options to change things from the bench.

We can't defend so I've no doubt you'll score, could be one of those games where both teams are so bad it's actually good.

Just now, Nobody said:

Central midfield is the most important position in the team in terms of knowing your team mates and tactics. 

Eddie clearly doesn't feel like Bruno has had enough time with him tactically or with the rest of the team.

Could even just be that Eddie feels like having Bruno on the bench for the first 45-60 minutes or so gives the coaching staff an opportunity to tell him where he wants him to be. 

We really don't want another Jetro Willems debut here, do we? 

I reckon you could play centre midfield for us tonight and be as useful as Willock 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Is the gravity different in France in summat?

If you think football is an "international language" or some bullshit you are wrong.

Players CAN take time to get a rhythm with team mates etc.

So here's the only logical explanation I can see from it. 

We tend to concede later in games, and if you start him and he's gassed after 65-75 you likely have to take him off, succeeding control of proceedings. Whether we want to admit it or not, the PL is the most physically demanding league, and adjusting to that after a lot of travel and little time to bed in is a big ask. 

We'll know how right or wrong he is come 10pm tonight. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

Lol, it’s the same sport you know? Sissoko started near enough straight away for us 

I could point to you many more examples of managers NOT throwing players into the deep end and most of them the best managers in the world.

I can see an argument for the fact he's only physically been at the club four days, and that's straight after an international break in which he had to travel to South America. Presumably he also had to faff around with a detour to France, too?

Equally, I assume a physically and mentally exhausted Bruno is still an improvement on Shelvey and Willock. :lol:

Edited by wormy

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

First impressions are that it's a really poor decision from Howe that, like. The kind of thing you'd expect from Pardew or any other PFM.

Don't agree with the "ballsy decision" take, it's the opposite IMO.

Hopefully we'll eat our words.

It's ballsy in the sense that he's opened himself up for great, justitied cristism if we don't get a result.

Just now, STM said:

If you think football is an "international language" or some bullshit you are wrong.

Players CAN take time to get a rhythm with team mates etc.

Yes, I agree, and therefore he needs as much game time as possible, as quickly as possible. We need him NOW.

Selfless call.

If Howe starts him and he has a shit game then his confidence will be shot and he'll more than likely get pelters from certain sections of the fan base. 

He's effectively taking all the heat himself for a lad that's only been here for 4 days.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Players CAN take time to get a rhythm with team 

Totally agree but we are in the shit and don't have the time imo.