Toontastic Forum

Dr Gloom

Thought Toontastic had died years ago.  Remember posting my disgust on there when Souness was appointed manager but then it seemed to vanish.

Skunkers was brutal but great entertainment.  I had a login but was always too scared to post, saw several people get ripped to shreds over the years.

Toontastic was alright, I didn't like the layout of it though. It was good for a few of the old regulars on here years ago who left but were still on there. Hopefully we get some of them back.

Skunkers though. :lol: A forum that at one point (or always) only let people from Newcastle post on it. 

It's a damn shame. It’s never been as busy as this place (though it did pre-date it) but the Newcastle forum has been rejuvenated since the takeover. It’s been great fun to chat football again after years of boring brexit/politics debate in the general chat.

A highly cliquey community put some people off (too perpetual for HTT) but for the middle aged core that have been chatting shit and exchanging injokes on a daily basis for close to 20 years, this is pretty gutting.

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Toontastic was alright, I didn't like the layout of it though. It was good for a few of the old regulars on here years ago who left but were still on there. Hopefully we get some of them back.

Skunkers though. :lol: A forum that at one point (or always) only let people from Newcastle post on it. 

Apart from that fat gobshite Walter and his wannabe SAS writer of shit books. Still waiting for the movie deal

20 minutes ago, DMLeazesender said:

TOTT for me, had some great laughs & debates on there. Still going but not many members - I think it was a victim of the Ashley/fans losing interest effect.

Yes I started on TOTT great at times but just not enough posters 

30 minutes ago, Collage said:

I was there for years but got pretty sick of it; racists and trolls wumming and hurling insults around freely. The libertarian NUFC forum, basically.

plenty of insults. Racists though? Sounds like a different place to me 

5 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Same here for Toontastic being my first NUFC forum. Migrated to Skunkers because, on there, if you called someone a cunt they didn't burst into tears.

Apart from Sa1ty, he got quite upset on a regular basis

53 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Some cracking characters on there though, the likes of Meenzer, Gemmill, Sonatine; I wonder if they'll find there way onto here now?

In the end @HTT II proves to be the winner. Incredible scenes.

Yeah, it came in handy when I wasn't able to post here, always felt a bit guilty using them as back up and then leaving as soon as time was served. Some really good posters. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It's a damn shame. It’s never been as busy as this place (though it did pre-date it) but the Newcastle forum has been rejuvenated since the takeover. It’s been great fun to chat football again after years of boring brexit/politics debate in the general chat.

A highly cliquey community put some people off (too perpetual for HTT) but for the middle aged core that have been chatting shit and exchanging injokes on a daily basis for close to 20 years, this is pretty gutting.

In all seriousness, sorry to hear that, I'd be heartbroken if this place just disappeared from existence without warning. Goes without saying that it'd be great to have you and any other good posters contributing here. Welcome. :thup:

Trying to remember history a little bit here, but wasn't the original board actually Toonchat? Or did it go from Toontastic, to Toonchat back to Toontastic?

I should know this, given it was Chayton (Craig) and I who created one of them in the first place :lol:

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

In all seriousness, sorry to hear that, I'd be heartbroken if this place just disappeared from existence without warning. Goes without saying that it'd be great to have you and any other good posters contributing here. Welcome. :thup:

How are the coffers for this place looking at the moment, got enough for the foreseeable? 

If its truly gone then thats a shame.

Cant even remember when I first signed up over there - way way way before NO split from it/merged/whatever???

Some very nice posters over there.

Am sure I had a brief look last week or week before and all seemed well

Edited by Lazarus

Just now, Shearergol said:

Trying to remember history a little bit here, but wasn't the original board actually Toonchat? Or did it go from Toontastic, to Toonchat back to Toontastic?

I should know this, given it was Chayton (Craig) and I who created one of them in the first place :lol:

That’s my recollection. Toontastic was part of the absurdly long URL, got a redesign and changed to Toonchat then relaunched as Toontastic again after the merger which gave us N-O.

Used to spend hours every day on Toontastic back in the Robson/Souness/Roeder years. Skunkers was great fun too. Still around albeit half dead and under a slightly different name iirc.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

How are the coffers for this place looking at the moment, got enough for the foreseeable? 

You're welcome to throw some pennies in the pot, if you can afford it, but no massive need in the immediate short-term. :thup:

Shame that toontastic has gone. It wasnt very active but I liked the different flavour it had to the other NUFC boards.

Skunkers was fantastic in its heyday but was slowly dying as it had lost some of it's edge before the rug got pulled. Some of the members are still here https://sk0nkers.boards.net/ but its not even remotely as good as skunkers. Walter the Mackem is still there but dont think toontoon migrated over to the place.

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I did used to post about 15 years ago but took the toontastic path during the forum wars. I think it was the Hitzfeld dossier episode and HTT interviewing himself which sealed it