Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

???

Throughout this transfer window we have had everyone winding us up.  We dont need people in this forum starting to do that as well.  Its not funny at all.

Edited by Awaymag

17 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

Pretty sure installments have no impact on FFP.  No matter how you pay the accounts still show the fee as paid over the course of the players contract.  Again not 100% on that but I think that's how it works. 

1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

Throughout this transfer window we have had everyone winding us up.  We dont need people in this forum starting to do that as well.  Its not funny at all.

Sorry about that. As I explained in another thread, the deal being off is my default position on every transfer now until its done. That bruno saga today has upset me slightly.

1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

This is the big league now, better get used to it. Don't crack like Keegan. Plenty more of this shit coming our way until we crush them all with sheer force of £££s

9 minutes ago, Ste said:

I'd guess so. Perhaps its a FFP thing, if we sign our targets it may impact on summer window, but I'm not clued up on the financial side.

Even if they splashed 100M in January they'd be OK to spend another 100M in the summer per a few things I've seen/read.  Tifo has a video about whey could spend. If they get a good sponsorship deal before Summer they could have lots more so if Lyon bitch about the installments just pay it all now.

Becoming more and more apparent that they're going to have to be flexible and more creative with how they structure the cash. The clubs will sell and they'll all hike the price. We need to frontload things and just accept it if we're going to actually sign the players we want, so far we've negotiated a price for 1 player in nearly 4 weeks now. It was an excellent deal to get Trippier in for the price they did but that's the sum total of their negotiations so far. Paying the release fee for Wood I'm not really classing as something they've successfully negotiated, they just paid the price on the contract. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Becoming more and more apparent that they're going to have to be flexible and more creative with how they structure the cash. The clubs will sell and they'll all hike the price. We need to frontload things and just accept it if we're going to actually sign the players we want, so far we've negotiated a price for 1 player in nearly 4 weeks now. It was an excellent deal to get Trippier in for the price they did but that's the sum total of their negotiations so far. Paying the release fee for Wood I'm not really classing as something they've successfully negotiated, they just paid the price on the contract. 

The only thing I'd say is - it's interesting to me how many of these deals have seen us reach agreements on personal terms while the fee is ongoing. 

That makes me wonder if the owners approach will see us haggle as much as we can regarding the structure of the deal before caving if necessary knowing full well the rest of it is sorted. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Was the structuring of a deal an issue with Botman or Carlos? I thought we wouldn't meet the clubs valuations.

I think so. The valuations were on a sliding scale.......sliding ever upward!

31 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Ashley was always in the habit of buying outright in one lump sum. Granted that players we bought under him were usually under 10  mil. 
I wonder if it’s accurate that installments help us out in keeping within FFP. In which case, staging payments is critical to building an expensive side over the next few windows whilst keeping to FFP requirements.

I thought the fee paid is amortised over the length of the contract for FFP but the payments don’t have to be spread over the same period?

Just now, alijmitchell said:

We are the worst at getting deals done man. How is it that after so many attempts with so many other players we still can’t agree a deal with a seller. It’s insane.

Because they keep raising the prices and we are trying to sign world class talent whilst in the relegation zone. Name another club that's tried to do that. 

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Because they keep raising the prices and we are trying to sign world class talent whilst in the relegation zone. Name another club that's tried to do that. 

Or maybe we’re just continuously pursuing players at clubs that aren’t willing to sell.