Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

15 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

That's how he'd look raising a trophy, just by the by

Just look at my profile pic if you wanna see it.

Bruno oozes class, i've been telling you, coudn't watch the game today but as someone I forgot to quote said, calm down, he's still adjusting to the league! 

The best surely is yet to come.

I'm here almost dancing alone since if Bruno keeps it up we won't have Fred starting at the World Cup

37 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Has the same aura about him as Trippier - unflappable when on the ball.

He really does do a lot of things well. A joy to watch.

i didn’t even think about the possibility of him and Trippier in the team. Jeez, I really can’t fathom how we’d play. 

Yea. He's stepped into the team  with the same assuredness that Trippier did. Showing a simple quality that we have been devoid of for so long. Another 9 players at that level and we're set, lol. 

Seriously though, another 3 or 4 in the summer, with a few hopeful prospects, will be spot on. Really don't think we need to worry about the defence too much if we can be more imposing in the opposition's territory. Burn, Schar and Targett are probably the three players closest to the other two, in terms of quality.

Early days. Clearly a talent but worrying that he looks like he’s got the same fitness coach as Cabaye. Looked done after 65-70mins. Will benefit when Wilson returns and better players in general which is obviously not rocket science. Wood has done all that’s been asked of him but clearly doesn’t fit with Bruno’s attacking side. Jury still out, should do well against CP and Leicester. Will be good to see him up against Liverpool and Man City to see how good he really is.

Not surprised in the slightest with his performance, we signed a class player and it's showing 

I just love the way he plays the game and the tempo at which he plays it, been crying out for such a player for ages

If we can get a few more players on his level this summer then we'll be laughing next season

38 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Early days. Clearly a talent but worrying that he looks like he’s got the same fitness coach as Cabaye. Looked done after 65-70mins. Will benefit when Wilson returns and better players in general which is obviously not rocket science. Wood has done all that’s been asked of him but clearly doesn’t fit with Bruno’s attacking side. Jury still out, should do well against CP and Leicester. Will be good to see him up against Liverpool and Man City to see how good he really is.

What? He literally did a full 70 yard sprint to try and assist ASM in the 80+ minute. 

My favourite player already. What a classy and elegant player. Super impressed already. Give him someone like Paqueta in front of him as he’s very good at finding space between the lines. Bruno’s smart progressive forward balls breaking the lines. Then add a striker with pace and good movement to play on the shoulder of the opposition’s defence. One that can also play with his back against goal.  Someone like Paqueta is soooo calm and composed on the ball. Great awareness and just quality and never looks under pressure.

Someone like Kalvin Phillips in who’s a great passer too and can do a bit extra defensively. Big money for these two players but we would then have one of the best midfields in the league. Or a cheaper option like Grillitsch because we need to spend money on other positions. Think he is out of contract in the summer. 

Edited by Ikon

He's a very clever player. When he's under pressure with the ball, he almost seems to use the situation to his advantage. We don't have another midfielder who is so confident on the ball.

I can't see much wrong with his pace and energy either. Last night, it really looked like he'd arrived at the Premiership.

Being picky, he doesn't seem to have a left foot, and that can restrict his options, but he's very creative in the passes that he picks out. Overall, a great package.

Edited by Cronky

6 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

The game slows down when he gets the ball which is always a sign of a great player on the ball. Can’t wait to see more of him, especially with some better support. 

This, loving it :) , but he also plays it one touch very quickly when needed and there is a option. Such good awareness and understanding. Vision. 

He has that Fabregas acceleration over a couple of yards that gets him some space. He isn’t quick over a longer distance. But his touch and burst of speed often gets him away from tacklers.

It Only got him into trouble once in our half and also when he should have passed inside to ASM on the edge of their box. Worked basically every other time. 

Just really sharp and quick thinking on the ball. Those little early, hard 5-10 yard passes into feet to get them turned or sometimes getting it back with a quick one-two. What are they, exactly? Never seen us do that before :lol: