Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

18 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Not the most athletic? Mad post

Only if you think athleticism is restricted to acrobatics. I was referring more to him not being the quickest, even then it was qualified by stressing how much the rest of his game brought to the table. But yeah, mad post. 

12 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s a weird thing to level against him. Sure, he’s not got the pace of a Luis Diaz but it’s not like we’ve got Charlie Adam. His athleticism is absolutely fine, especially given he’s technically absolutely class and he reads the game incredibly well 

I was trying to figure out an answer to Tiresias who was asking why Arsenal stalled on moving for him. Maybe there's a better reason, someone is welcome to provide an alternative theory. 

Just because you’re not fast does not mean you’re not athletic. Ffs we are on a football forum - how in the hell does that difference not get quickly identified properly? 

He’s got quite good pace with and without the ball, he’s not Willock or Joelinton but he’s certainly quick enough to create space for himself. On the ball it’s the quick feints and turns, he’s an all around First class talent. Our best player by some margin. His football mentality and intelligence is truly off the charts. 

Edited by Kanji

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Massive fan of how proactive he passes, always looks to progress never really crabs and passes back unless he has to 

his intelligence and awareness of what’s around him. Just wait until he feels comfortable to start doing his trademark aggressive dribble take ons and unleashing balls up field. 

Did anyone else think lascelles ignored him for a few minutes on the lap of honor from the sky footage? 

Everyone was hugging him and lascelles looked at him and walked next to him for a few minutes before shaking his hand, just seemed a bit strange. 

Anyway, what a player, those little toe tackles when he nicks the ball Kante style are so so important. And that header, wow what a moment. Stuff dreams are made of. 

Edited by Scotty66

22 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Did anyone else think lascelles ignored him for a few minutes on the lap of honor from the sky footage? 

Everyone was hugging him and lascelles looked at him and walked next to him for a few minutes before shaking his hand, just seemed a bit strange. 

Anyway, what a player, those little toe tackles when he nicks the ball Kante style are so so important. And that header, wow what a moment. Stuff dreams are made of. 

Lascelles days should be severely numbered anyway so fuck him.

25 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Did anyone else think lascelles ignored him for a few minutes on the lap of honor from the sky footage? . 

He was buzzing on the the touchline when the winner went in so probably nothing.

51 minutes ago, TRon said:

Only if you think athleticism is restricted to acrobatics. I was referring more to him not being the quickest, even then it was qualified by stressing how much the rest of his game brought to the table. But yeah, mad post. 

Yeah but quickness isn’t a key attribute for all positions, especially for central positions. He almost never plays wide where a quick player would add to the game. 

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

My only criticism of him is I think he looks quite susceptible to getting caught in possession being on the ball too long at times.

Although that’ll be down to being in a new league and can easily be put right.

He’s fucking brilliant like. 

My thought on this is that most of the times he seemed to dwell were due to the statuesque movement and lack of space-awareness by those around him off the ball. We're really terrible off the ball as a team to be honest.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Just because you’re not fast does not mean you’re not athletic. Ffs we are on a football forum - how in the hell does that difference not get quickly identified properly? 

He’s got quite good pace with and without the ball, he’s not Willock or Joelinton but he’s certainly quick enough to create space for himself. On the ball it’s the quick feints and turns, he’s an all around First class talent. Our best player by some margin. His football mentality and intelligence is truly off the charts. 

All of that is true, but he's not got quite good pace, not by PL standards. But he's quick enough, and he's got lots of other attributes. So yes, because we are on a football forum we can judge him on all aspects of his game, not just how fast he can run or how high he can jump. He's a fantastic footballer. 

He's amazing and not in the slightest bit surprised. 

To already have 3 goal though, that is a pleasant surprise and hopefully it's something he'll do consistently. 

Have to say, it's worth calling out the confidence/trust he had in joining the club.

A few months ago many of us (myself included) thought it was quite likely we were down and we know of reports players didn't want to join us due to our league position. 

He however made that move, despite the fact if he waited until the summer he could still have gotten himself a move (here or elsewhere) and deserves a lot of credit for having that confidence.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

All of that is true, but he's not got quite good pace, not by PL standards. But he's quick enough, and he's got lots of other attributes. So yes, because we are on a football forum we can judge him on all aspects of his game, not just how fast he can run or how high he can jump. He's a fantastic footballer. 

I don't think he is as slow as made out.  He can move when he needs to.  Look back at some of the leagues greatest midfielders, there are some world class players that didn't have pace.  His game doesn't require pace anyway.

Our best player by a country mile, Trippier aside.  He should be playing for Man City or Liverpool.

Edited by relámpago blanco

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

you just needed to say “right, I didn’t mean his athleticism I should have said I’ don’t think he has PL standard pace” - also my point being we are on a football forum and I’d have thought people knew how to articulate a simple point between pace and athleticism. 

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

One name springs to mind… Cesc Fabregas 

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I don't think he is as slow as made out.  He can move when he needs to.  Look back at some of the leagues greatest midfielders, there are some world class players that didn't have pace.  His game doesn't require pace anyway.

Our best player by a country mile, Trippier aside.  He should be playing for Man City or Liverpool.

people cream over Tielemans and he is likely the same top end speed as Bruno. 

I had sky today but only the pictures. Was there any particular reason they showed him afterwards for what seemed a long time? Kept expecting them to cut away. Is it just because of how lush and mint he is?