Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Hopefully just more BS, but is threatening to walk away really a impactful when we are trying to sign players clubs didn't want to sell to begin with? Not to mention undermining the club by agreeing wages with said players for triple their current amount before actually bidding for them. 

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Hopefully just more BS, but is threatening to walk away really a impactful when we are trying to sign players clubs didn't want to sell to begin with? Not to mention undermining the club by agreeing wages with said players for triple their current amount before actually bidding for them. 

Shhhh. You can’t say that or else you’ll be branded a flouncer…

If the deal is confirmed this will be an excellent buy. He stood out during his Athletico days in Brazil - would need to make sure the club was setup to support players arriving into Newcastle so will assume the player liaison guy will have a lot on!

1 hour ago, HWTL said:

Don't get the hate on here for Shelvey tbh, before Howe I can totally understand he was poor and looked disinterested and leggy. Since Howe has came he has been standout for me and putting on a shift and playing good football. He has been back to his best but still seems to get dogs abuse. Big Joe on the other hand has been praised for his form return and rightly so. I think Shelvey will continue to get better and won't do him any harm with more class and legs around him. I know he will never win most over especially on here but I Hope he keeps his spot on the team if he keeps playing like he has been.

It's not hate, just don't want a midfielder who can't compete in an area which is high energy in the modern game. Just look at the heat map comparison between Bruno and Shelvey posted above. 

Being prepared to walk is different to walking. The club can hardly say "Take your time, fuck us about. Let us know on at 10:30pm on deadline day!"

We have to be firm. We have to push for quick answers, so we can either counter-offer or walk. Sure, if they come back and ask for more but do it very quickly we can keep negotiating, but if they fuck us around and waste our time we simply must have the option on the table to walk and look elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's not hate, just don't want a midfielder who can't compete in an area which is high energy in the modern game. Just look at the heat map comparison between Bruno and Shelvey posted above. 

:lol:

I mean that was a pisstake one that I just found online, sorry. :(

54 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Bailey knows nowt.

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I remember very clearly the day that fucking Spurs trumped us for Modric and thinking that that was a pivotal moment.

Hoping to fuck that doesn't happen here.

At least these days we know we’ve got good times ahead, we just can’t be sure it’s ready to go just yet. Back then, Modric turned us down and things just fell apart year on year until the soul was sucked out the club. You can see from the energy on this forum that people are really back caring about the team again because they know we’re going to be doing everything we can to compete at the highest level 

41 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'm pretty sure that isn't accurate 🤔 

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

At least these days we know we’ve got good times ahead, we just can’t be sure it’s ready to go just yet. Back then, Modric turned us down and things just fell apart year on year until the soul was sucked out the club. You can see from the energy on this forum that people are really back caring about the team again because they know we’re going to be doing everything we can to compete at the highest level 

sddefault.jpg

2 hours ago, worthy said:

Ill step up and say that I am probably one of the most overcritical when it comes to Shelvey. And its rough cause he has gone between pretty solid at the start of Howe, to good old passenger Shelvey, then against Leeds suddenly spruced up again. I dont get it, and I dont have the biggest faith with him sitting in front of our defenders, but with Joelinton and Bruno G's work ethics around him, this might be a big change for him until we can peddle him in the summer.

For whatever may have happened, he was quality against Leeds like. I know he can be a lazy cunt 

3 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I quite like Shelvey. I think its a waste to play him though with no-one running in behind.

One of Liverpool's most potent weapons is the long ball to Salah. It doesn't always have to be a complicated game.

It would be fine if the player in question actually had any legs. Shelvey (as much as i love the bald cunt) might be one of the most athletic player we’ve ever had 

He will occupy the position Shelvey currently plays in but that does have other benefits beside the obvious upgrade.

Shelvey has rarely been able to drive forward and link to the attack in his time here, there’s always been a responsibility to sit in front of our back 4/5 and play that stupid “quarterback” role. If he’s given chances anywhere near the box he can hit them.

He gets sold in the summer though. He’s not getting any younger.

If Willock can find consistent form, that’s a midfield with the ages being 25, 24 and 22. Now that’s potential to build on.

2 hours ago, toon25 said:

I remember very clearly the day that fucking Spurs trumped us for Modric and thinking that that was a pivotal moment.

Hoping to fuck that doesn't happen here.

Off topic, but I always think back to the summer under Sir Bobby where we only signed Bowyer on a free, and then lost to Partizan Belgrade in the qualifiers in the Champions League as being a pivotal moment in our decline.

Shelvey will still start if we only sign Guimaraes I think. Along with Joe. Other options are Willock or Longstaff and I think Howe has been able to get more from Shelvey than he has WIllock. As much as I want Shelvey replaced I think as it stands it's probably the right 3 to go with with those oprtions. Obviously if Willock can return to anything like his loan spell then that has to change. Maybe having Guimaraes and Joe with him in a 3 Willock would find more freedom with the work we've seen Joe do and the work Guimaraes seems to do in the middle of the park (based on nothing but youtube videos and heatmaps of course). Current Joe, last seasons Willock and this guy who Ive already decided is fucking mint, I'd be creaming. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

19 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Current Joe, last seasons Willock and this guy who Ive already decided is fucking mint, I'd be creaming. 

Lmao fucking love it. Sports fandom is a special brand of insanity isn't it.

I'm with you though!

4 hours ago, robbo_11 said:

If the deal is confirmed this will be an excellent buy. He stood out during his Athletico days in Brazil - would need to make sure the club was setup to support players arriving into Newcastle so will assume the player liaison guy will have a lot on!

Never fear, we've got a great history of easing the transition of Brazilian newcomers... (see last 20 seconds of this.) Think there's a 'fish and chips on way back from away matches' clip out there somewhere form Mira.