Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

I'd disagree with that. Thought he was poor and easily dominated by Man City's midfield but it's about opinions.

Fair enough, but as already posted of any NUFC player he covered the most ground, had the most touches, made the most passes, had the  highest pass accuracy, won the most duels and fouls.

It didn't help he had absolutely fuck all going on in front of him.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

One league goal since 6 Nov last year.  

We judging him on goals now :lol: or did I miss something earlier in the thread? I mean, he has probably scored more goals for us than in his whole pre-NUFC career. We didn’t sign him to be a top goal scorer, we signed him to become a top club in the PL, which we are right now and a lot down to him and Trippier.

Edited by Flip

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Tactically teams are clocking his favourite passing angles and pressing him super hard knowing that they might give away a few fouls but will knick it a few times. 

Feel as we sometimes (or at least tonight) lacked movement. He would recieve the ball and players would stand still apart from Almiron hugging the touchline 50meters from him. Dont feel he had the same problem tonight as he has had in the past such as against Villa last weekend where he would lose possession because he kept dwelling on the ball and took 5-10 seconds to release the ball. Tonight it just felt as he had absolutely no one to pass to at times.

Just now, Flip said:

Feel as we sometimes (or at least tonight) lacked movement. He would recieve the ball and players would stand still apart from Almiron hugging the touchline 50meters from him. Dont feel he had the same problem tonight as he has had in the past such as against Villa last weekend where he would lose possession because he kept dwelling on the ball and took 5-10 seconds to release the ball. Tonight it just felt as he had absolutely no one to pass to at times.

This is it. The wide forwards were both pretty much snuffed out by physically superior opposition, leaving Isak struggling against that centre halves. 

40 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

World class players don’t have nine month form dips.

Bruno is an excellent footballer - but I wouldn’t be surprised to see that he ‘doesn’t make the journey’ if we’re to reach Man City’s level. 

Think you might be right. Don’t get me wrong, Bruno is an excellent player, but I’m having doubts that he’s elite. And let’s face it, that’s the narrative that is frequently pushed about him amongst our support. An elite player doesn’t scuff that chance he had.

I dearly hope we win a cup with him in the team though. He deserves that for his passion & commitment to the club.

23 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

One league goal since 6 Nov last year.  

It’s worse than that, if rather than rounding up to the nearest year, you round up to the nearest decade. Then discount his previous goals, he hasn’t scored for nearly 10 years. 

jokes aside, he does seem in a dip of form compared to his best. We did play the best team in the world tonight though.

Edited by FLUMPO235

Honestly ffs. You lot want to fuck off and support some other team. 

Bruno's doing a job he's been asked to do. 

Was brilliant last season in its entirety and we've only played 2 games so far this. 

He's got a new partner in crime to accommodate. 

When "Fletch" & Mcoist were waxing lyrical about Foden (quite rightly) they showed a graphic of "ground covered" 

Bruno was top fwiw

Edited by Groundhog63

He's a bit of a victim of his own success because of how brightly he sparkled before his wee'un came along (I'm not being cute there, there's a definite line in the sand at that exact point).

He was alright tonight; most of our play went through him and his long passing was on point, but he got caught the odd time (which is becoming common now; he's seemingly a lot less resistant to the press) and fluffed our only opening.

Would love for him to recapture his best form - where he was easily the best I'd ever seen for us at CM - but I'll probably concede at this point that that incredible spell may have inflated our collective expectations. Not that he isn't still a brilliant player. 

Passers need runners. Miggy is the only one that consistently does that for him. It’s also two games into the season meaning we have nothing to really take from his performances.

Give it 10 games. 

@Yorkie great post. I also think we have to factor in game state. He’s gone from facing teams where we were underdogs to now supreme favorites. 

Edited by Viana

Comparing his goals to his first 6 months here is retarded, he played as an 8 for most of that time. He’s now the 6, the first guy who receives the ball from the back line and looks to either play something incisive or more commonly shifts the ball safely. He’s been for that a season now.

I want to see him dominate or compete better against the best sides. I almost predicted this would happen today, too often he seems to have major mistakes that our talisman like him can’t make if we want to move up a level. He just seems prone to being shit away from home in some big time games. 

In any case he was trying to make it happen, and thankfully we play less teams this good all season 

Edited by Kanji