Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

8 minutes ago, astraguy said:

he rejected arsenal for us due the project, why would he go an switch that now?

Devils advocate here.

But we've obviously hit some stumbling blocks in the way of FFP and PSR which looks like it may slow us down in our ambitions.

Also, Arsenal have had a pretty solid build in the time since he joined and have became pretty competent title contenders.

Little bit of a different landscape now. Although not sure he'd get the adulation at arsenal as he does here.

All jokes aside, it would be tough, but I could accept him leaving for Ramsdale, Saka & Rice in return. Think Howe would do wonders with all 3 and bring them onto the next level.

7 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Devils advocate here.

But we've obviously hit some stumbling blocks in the way of FFP and PSR which looks like it may slow us down in our ambitions.

Also, Arsenal have had a pretty solid build in the time since he joined and have became pretty competent title contenders.

Little bit of a different landscape now. Although not sure he'd get the adulation at arsenal as he does here.

It's not so much of a devil's advocate opinion, I've thought likewise. When he joined, we seemed like we were about to be the next Man City. And then rule after rule came in.

Saying all that, I think he's bought into us now and isn't one to duck a challenge, especially as we can have a proper go next season.

Rafa, apparently cold hearted and ruthless, stayed because he could see something here. I hope Bruno feels the same way because he's already a hero for me and could go one step further and become a legend.

Go to Arsenal and get knocked out in the quarter finals of the CL? Meh. He'd get a bloody statue if he won something with us.

5 hours ago, Erikse said:

£80m.:lol: Yeah lets give them Isak on top of it. We're not doing it for the money, we just really want to get rid of the players.

The only way this makes any kind of sense is if the clause is £100 million upfront? And they are perhaps saying we would accept £80 million upfront and the rest later on?

Still not convinced any deal to Arsenal happens.

4 hours ago, NE27 said:

Devils advocate here.

He won’t get the adulation, definitely.  But money and titles can make up for that.

I hope Bruno stays, but unlike Isak I’m not so sure he will - I also don’t think he’s in the Isak bracket (I think Isak could be one of the world’s two or three best forwards.  With the best will in the world, that doesn’t apply to Bruno).  The club has a buy young sell high policy - Bruno is at his peak at the moment, and his value is unlikely to increase.  Selling him would open up huge amounts of FFP space.  I wouldn’t at all be surprised if the club accepted a high offer for him - and by that I mean one which doesn’t meet the crazy release clause.  

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Arsenal ITKs claiming they're trying to negotiate us down from the release clause which they're unwilling to pay.

Tends to go well

GGpvzXsbIAAefOM.jpg:large

Had a dream last night that Bruno left and I had to break the news to my son. If my dream is right then Bruno is off to Forest this summer.

6 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Had a dream last night that Bruno left and I had to break the news to my son. If my dream is right then Bruno is off to Forest this summer.

new nightmare unlocked. I have absolutely no idea how I’d explain Bruno leaving to my son. It’d be easier telling him that mummy has left.

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

new nightmare unlocked. I have absolutely no idea how I’d explain Bruno leaving to my son. It’d be easier telling him that mummy has left.

It's probably my biggest fear in life right now, which is probably why I'm dreaming about it. [emoji38]