Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

And for the record I want players who are desperate to play champions league. We have had low standards for so long, Bruno and Trippier won't settle for doing decent midtable job. Proper winners, but the downside is proper winners aren't going to be overly sentimental. 

Still please fight all out to keep him, 2 more seasons at the very least...

12 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I'm not even sure CL cuts it when the likes of Real Madrid come knocking tbf.

I'd be content with having him one more season if it was Madrid, anyone else in Prem can fuck off.

"It would be an honour to see him play for Real Madrid"

Nah actually they can fuck off too.

Hopefully in two or three years there won't be any sentimentality needed as we will be in the same competitions.

You know, a bit of positivity to go with the rest of it around the club at the minute would be nice.

"He won't be here in two years" can fuck right off.:)

Just now, mikejaxer said:

Can we not just enjoy him playing for us?

Why is it we finally have a good quality player and instead of being happy about it, we're back to talking about selling him?

Is Ashley back or something?

Wet blankets. Bloke signed up to the project when we were in a relegation battle, has spoken frequently about wanting to be a legend here and has a load of time left on his contract. People need to chill out.

2 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Unfortunately unless you're deluded it's obvious Real Madrid are a bigger club than us.

Does not necessarily mean he would sign for them; I mean he has already said he spoke to them, and he's here isn't he.

He may have just decided that NUFC is his club without any previous affiliation ala Big Dunc at Everton, who cares, he seems happy.

As am I, long may it continue, he's fucking mint.:)

Don't get why Real Madrid would want/need him? I'm aware Kroos and Modric are getting on but they've got Tchouameni, Camavinga and Valverde there who've their best years ahead. Would he even play? Perks of being the biggest club in the world I guess. :lol:

Its pointless nihilism thinking about it, like. Just enjoy it, Newcastle United are 6th and mint and Bruno is class. Now piss off.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

The same people who sit at the match and moan for 90 minutes, you wonder what they're getting out of it and whether they ever wonder that themselves. Surely at some point you have to realise you're either 1. Unhappy or 2. Don't actually like football. 

Back to the actual player, I always assumed back at Lyon he was simply a deep lying playmaker or defensive mid with a really strong passing and ball skills. Had no fucking clue he'd be this bloody good at EVERYTHING, and it seems like our own scouting didn't truly expect him to be this properly suited to the league this fast. 

55 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The same people who sit at the match and moan for 90 minutes, you wonder what they're getting out of it and whether they ever wonder that themselves. Surely at some point you have to realise you're either 1. Unhappy or 2. Don't actually like football. 

Or it's self aggrandizing. The universe is against them because they have the courage to take the stance of "telling it like it is". Just as foolish as the blind optimist, but I know who I'd rather hang out with.

I cannot for the life of me understand, with one iota of my soul, why some people are already talking about him leaving and losing him to Real Madrid (apart from Tomlynn WUMington obvs).

Can you not enjoy this ride for one minute and have some belief in our own project? 

We’ve not been bought by Barry Fuckwit, a local carpet magnate or some American hedge fund. We’re owned by some serious players who want European success.

We should be dreaming of who we are going to buy with the same class as Bruno, not talking about when we’re going to lose him. 

3 hours ago, STM said:

If any of our players get disgruntled because Bruno earns more than them they want a serious look in the mirror.

Let's see how far a policy of paying players 100k a week takes us. It takes us to losing our best players, that's where.

We will CERTAINLY lose Bruno if we refuse to give him more money within the next 18 months.

It's not about players being greedy either, it's about players wanting paid their worth. How can we call Bruno the best midfielder on the planet and then pay him a quarter of the going rate?

Like I posted earlier we’ve yet to see how good he really is as so far it could be argued he’s a flat track bully. I’d never advocate improving a contract within the first two years personally. 

The wage structure needs to grow organically the better the team performs and what they achieve. It’s obvious we are greater than the sum of our parts. Similar to The Entertainers team.

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

We are eventually going to have to pay big wages if we want to break into the top 6 and beyond.

If we finished 5-7th we will gradually. Only 1-4 would see anything drastic across the board. 5th if it becomes a ECL place.

The plan clearly seems to be grow organically which I personally think is wise. People just need to enjoy the football and have a bit of patience.

2 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

Real Madrid would have to pay money they just don’t have to a team that doesn’t need a single penny. 

I’m not worried in the slightest.

Aye Madrid are actually quite sensible with their spending these days. Certainly don't think they could cough up an offer we couldn't refuse for him. Much more likely he signs a new contract than leaves anytime soon. 

It's not the Ashley days of actively trying to sell our best players. We are only going to be interested in adding more. 

2 hours ago, elbee909 said:

As always these days, it'll come down to the player - if one wants to go, they'll end up going. 

Kane wanted to go last summer 

I do reckon if he continues like this then in the summer there will be an improved contracted agreed with an additional year so everyone is happy