Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

12 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The video title is about one of OUR players btw :lol: we've come a long way in a year, fucking hell

Keane has become a parody of himself.  I'm not saying every pundit should go overboard with their positivity like Micah Richards.  But everything there is just commenting on his 'form' or 'confidence'.  Always damning with faint praise and passive aggressive with his comments.  Can't stand the cunt.  He makes Souness seem cheerful, positive and complimentary.

2 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Keane has become a parody of himself.  I'm not saying every pundit should go overboard with their positivity like Micah Richards.  But everything there is just commenting on his 'form' or 'confidence'.  Always damning with faint praise and passive aggressive with his comments.  Can't stand the cunt.  He makes Souness seem cheerful, positive and complimentary.

Souness is usually a great pundit tbf

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Souness is a hard one to categorise, sometimes has some better insights than you would expect. Other times looks like he's been on the Merlot for a couple of hours.

Probably depends on whether or not he's been on the Merlot for a couple of hours...

40 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Probably not with a newborn, mind. 

Fair, but he's also wealthy enough to not have to get up in the night if he'd rather not. It's not like when the wife and I had to give up the only bedroom in our 700 square foot apartment to the bairn and sleep on the couch for 8 months until we found a 2-bedrooom [emoji38]

Kind of curious now, I've never really heard of male athletes having a dip in form after the birth of a child, but it could be something folks just don't talk about since it's a bit rude to mention as a negative? Anyone seen a discussion of the impact anywhere?

Edited by Miercoles

20 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Fair, but he's also wealthy enough to not have to get up in the night if he'd rather not. It's not like when the wife and I had to give up the only bedroom in our 700 square foot apartment to the bairn and sleep on the couch for 8 months until we found a 2-bedrooom [emoji38]

Kind of curious now, I've never really heard of male athletes having a dip in form after the birth of a child, but it could be something folks just don't talk about since it's a bit rude to mention as a negative? Anyone seen a discussion of the impact anywhere?

No Newcastle fan can have forgotten about Kenedy that quick, surely?

Seem to remember he was saying in interviews how big of a change in life style getting a kid was and that he was struggling with sleep around the time his form turned to shit. Probably got over analyzed and concluded on here by majority decision that it was the childs fault and not just Kennedy not being as good as we had hoped for.

On 12/10/2022 at 10:27, Lush Vlad said:

To be fair - I think he's right. Form and confidence are real things. He often doesn't go OTT with praise unless a player has been doing it year in year out.

I prefer Keane to Souness. Souness let's image and stuff outside the game cloud his judgement. Probably just a generational thing. He hasn't been a pro footballer in over 30 years or a manager for over 15 years. His points of reference about the active game are at least that old.

Souness and Keane can be entertaining because they get angry and like to get stuck into players, but I never see either of them talk tactics the way Neville or Carragher will. All Keane ever talks about is character.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

To be fair - I think he's right. Form and confidence are real things. He often doesn't go OTT with praise unless a player has been doing it year in year out.

I prefer Keane to Souness. Souness let's image and stuff outside the game cloud his judgement. Probably just a generational thing. He hasn't been a pro footballer in over 30 years or a manager for over 15 years. His points of reference about the active game are at least that old.

Of course they are real things.  Where have I said they're not?

He was referring to Bruno being in a good run of form, now.  Despite the fact he only played the last two games and was injured for a good few.  Only played about 3 games at the start of the season.  So is it just this season he is referring to when he mentions his 'rich vein of form?'  

I'm sure they have an army of analysts feeding them stats and clips.  Bruno has shown class and been our best performer since he signed in Jan and has been on all the statto's radars the last two seasons at Lyon.  Some run of form, that.  True to form, he's just going in with football cliches and throwaway comments, though.    

I just find he plays up to his character and Sky probably encourage it.  It's like Zlatan, I'm sure they've become self-aware and do it for the sake of it.  I find it all a bit tiresome.  Ooh wait for it.  Keane's going to be miserable when everyone else is waxing lyrical.  Oh and then everyone will laugh and he'll be there staring into the camera like a maniac.

There seems to be a massive lack of insight from all ex-pro's in the mainstream, TBF.  It's just easy to single out Keane as he makes everything so dull, boring and negative.  Plus he's clearly an absolute cunt.