Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

I struggle to see any scenario where our most important player, who people mocked for talking Champions League when we were 19th when he signed, will be angling to move when we qualify for said competition, miles ahead of schedule.

Also has his family (including parents) here with him, a baby that’s not even 1 yet and just about to get married. Also it’s clear him and Joelinton are proper close off the pitch too. 

I’d be willing to bet my mortgage he signs a new deal this summer.

The only way I could see him being relatively pissed off is if he’s asked for a new deal and the club have said no/wait, which we wouldn’t have done because we’re not fucking idiots anymore. 

4 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I struggle to see any scenario where our most important player, who people mocked for talking Champions League when we were 19th when he signed, will be angling to move when we qualify for said competition, miles ahead of schedule.

Also has his family (including parents) here with him, a baby that’s not even 1 yet and just about to get married. Also it’s clear him and Joelinton are proper close off the pitch too. 

The only way I could see him being relatively pissed off is if he’s asked for a new deal and the club have said no/wait, which we wouldn’t have done because we’re not fucking idiots anymore. 

One thing I noticed was how he said after Leicester that "now I just want to heal my body" and talked about how hard it had been to play with an injury week in week out. Then he still had to feature in an unimportant match right after. After the game he tweetet about how hard the season had been physically and mentally for him. Not sure how much he liked being thrown into that last game, but I don't think that should be a massive deal anyways. I think he will stay too.

Edited by Erikse

6 hours ago, Joseph said:

Feels like there’s clearly something going on here. Wouldn’t surprise me if he left this summer, hopefully to a non-English destination. 

There is nothing of substance going on here.

11 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

What about a scenario where Liverpool offers to add £150k a week onto his wages?

11 hours ago, Paully said:

There is not a chance he goes this summer - absolutely zero chance!

When spanish giants make contact with South american players from other leagues, it is always worrying stuff. 

The only way he’s sold is if someone offers absolutely ridiculous money. 

If they did sell him for ridiculous money then we’d invest it massively and would no doubt be significantly stronger because of it. 

Chill out and enjoy the ride. 

I think what annoys me most in this, is that I get the distinct impression that Barcelona believe clubs should just sell them their players because they are Barcelona... compare that to Real Madrids pursuit of Bellingham, where by all accounts both clubs have a great relationship and respect.

It's openly trying to unsettle players, presumably with the purpose of lowering their price tags.

If you want Bruno, fine, but go through the process correctly by indicating a willingness to pay top dollar from the outset and more importantly be engaging in a respectful manner to the club.

I never thought I'd see the day when Real Madrid were the lesser of the two evils.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Come on man, we need something to worry about.

2 mins left in the semi final our opponents need 2 goals and I'm still shitting it.

"This is the way" 

1 hour ago, STM said:

I think what annoys me most in this, is that I get the distinct impression that Barcelona believe clubs should just sell them their players because they are Barcelona... compare that to Real Madrids pursuit of Bellingham, where by all accounts both clubs have a great relationship and respect.

It's openly trying to unsettle players, presumably with the purpose of lowering their price tags.

If you want Bruno, fine, but go through the process correctly by indicating a willingness to pay top dollar from the outset and more importantly be engaging in a respectful manner to the club.

I never thought I'd see the day when Real Madrid were the lesser of the two evils.

It's not like they even have the money to buy him.  We're more likely now to poach players from them. I hope we do.

1 hour ago, OverThere said:

I wonder if you can be sued for tapping up a player by offering them x per week whilst they are under contract to someone else?

Not if that's all you've done.  The player's club couldn't successfully sue because at that point they wouldn't have suffered any financial damages.  

Only way he leaves is if it's for a fee that was truly transformational for us, even under current ownership. It would be silly money in the range of transfer records. Nothing to worry about no matter how sad it would be to see him go.

Looking at it from Bruno’s perspective, he’s clearly highly invested in the club. His family are over here, he signed when things could have gone very differently and he’s now going to be playing in Europe’s top competition against the elite in world football. If the club now invest in putting quality around him and back up the talk of ambition with real investment then I can’t see him wanting to go anywhere. He’s clearly ambitious for success but so are our owners, manager and fans so as it stands it’s a perfect fit for him. 

I don't think he'll leave in the summer and I've always got the impression that the lad likes being here, but I also think the following:

1) 'emotional' ties don't mean a great deal when you're talking about massive pay rises

2) I don't think the club are looking to do massive wage hikes just yet

3) if he did leave, we'd just go out and spend money replacing him.  This isn't Ashley's NUFC - I wouldn't lose a second's sleep re a single one of our players being sold.  It would say nothing about ambition - and we're going to sell good players along the way.  Bruno is not irreplaceable

1 hour ago, GideonShandy said:

Not if that's all you've done.  The player's club couldn't successfully sue because at that point they wouldn't have suffered any financial damages.  

You can't sue, but the club doing the tapping can be punished by the FA with fines and transfer embargos

29 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You can't sue, but the club doing the tapping can be punished by the FA with fines and transfer embargos

Not sure what the FA (or even the Premier League) could do to Barcelona if they were to make Bruno an offer he couldn't refuse.  Does FIFA or UEFA police such matters? 

Edited by GideonShandy

10 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can we add some sort of flag to the topic title once we stop talking about him being sold? 

We don't talk about Bruno (being sold) no, no, no

Edited by David Edgar