Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

https://www.instagram.com/p/CszKm3jI1II/

Pain, blows, injuries and mental fatigue. This was perhaps the season that most demanded me physically and mentally! I went through a lot of adversity and learned to know my body in a way that I still hadn't understood! I faced several battles with myself and my head about want and power! Thank God today I can say that everything worked out. A season of much learning and knowledge closes for a new cycle that will begin. Accomplished of having gone over all the barriers and most important of all with the duty done! This is priceless! Let's go forward and soon more new challenges ahead.

Edited by nemtizz

Linked with Barca in the Times for 100m euros.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/barcelona-set-sights-on-87m-guimaraes-from-newcastle-qf96fsn2f

I suppose it was inevitable that this kind of rumour would start to circulate. Got to say, he looked a bit detached from the others during the celebrations after Leicester. I genuinely wondered about that at the time. It's not beyond possibility that this has unsettled him a bit.

16 hours ago, Shak said:

Is £87m really under market value for him?

Isn't that round about what Bellingham is going for?

Anyway, I'd be surprised if there's anything in this. Seems a year or two too soon for him to be getting any sort of itchy feet about a Barca/Madrid move and he'll surely want to play for us in the CL.

If it does happen we should insist on getting Raphinha back the other way.

The only important price is what we agree to not the so called market rate.

6 hours ago, Cronky said:

Linked with Barca in the Times for 100m euros.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/barcelona-set-sights-on-87m-guimaraes-from-newcastle-qf96fsn2f

I suppose it was inevitable that this kind of rumour would start to circulate. Got to say, he looked a bit detached from the others during the celebrations after Leicester. I genuinely wondered about that at the time. It's not beyond possibility that this has unsettled him a bit.

It's good that teams like Barcelona are looking at our players, it's the price you pay for having class players.

Man U couldn't keep Ronaldo, Liverpool couldn't keep Coutinho.

Good news is the club won't be steamrolled in negotiations.

As long as he doesn't push for a move, we haven't got owners who just want to cash in ASAP so I'm not too worried. 

There'll inevitably be interest from top clubs, but in my possibly massively naive opinion, I think he's happy, his family are happy, he's laid down some strong roots, he's enjoying being here, he can see our potential and strikes me as the type of player who wants to build a legacy and succeed rather than walk into ready made success, IE being just another player at a  club winning everything. 

The connection with the fans seems important to him

Time will tell when the offers come in. 

Edited by Wilson

Barcelona can go and screw themselves, clearly spending beyond their means with no thought on FFP,

They just keep on borrowing or whatever they do to balance the books.

But its about time UEFA Threw the book at the Catalonians, 

26 minutes ago, Wilson said:

As long as he doesn't push for a move, we haven't got owners who just want to cash in ASAP so I'm not too worried. 

There'll inevitably be interest from top clubs, but in my possibly massively naive opinion, I think he's happy, his family are happy, he's laid down some strong roots, he's enjoying being here, he can see our potential and strikes me as the type of player who wants to build a legacy and succeed rather than walk into ready made success, IE being just another player at a  club winning everything. 

The connection with the fans seems important to him

Time will tell when the offers come in. 

Of course he's happy here, but it's Barcelona, I think Spanish clubs have a certain pull for Brazilians. I don't see him moving this year, but next season not so sure.

3 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Didn’t expect to see J7 there as well. 

Not that surprised tbh, I really like how he holds the ball under pressure, he can usually find the pass at the end of it as well.

Watching the all goals of the season video just published by the club and seeing Bruno in the first half looks like a completely different player to the one we've seen the last few months. Hope he sorts out his injury problems so we can get a fit and fresh Bruno back for next season.

13 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Watching the all goals of the season video just published by the club and seeing Bruno in the first half looks like a completely different player to the one we've seen the last few months. Hope he sorts out his injury problems so we can get a fit and fresh Bruno back for next season.

He will be back to his best. We know he took a few knocks second half of season.

Almiron was a monster for first half of season.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Scoucers being linked all of the sudden to our star man. 

Dream on you clowns.

Stupid press reports

" Liverpool make contact with Newcastle "

We would've even pick up the call.

Be a message scrawled on paper, wrapped round a house brick and lobbed over the hedge onto the training ground.