Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Anyone with a gripe about what we pay new signings should be told they’re free to try and negotiate similar deals at another club. 

If the player raises their gripe, then yes. But the problem arises if they just go in the huff.

Wages can be tarted up however you like. Yes Bruno might be on 100k but he also might have 20% win bonus added to that or 10k appearance fee or a number of other things.

Other players shouldn't be privvy to what he's making anyway.

Besides which, only Wilson, ASM and Joelinton could dare to ask for more wages. The rest can fuck off.

One worry I have about this signing (hopefully it gets done) is that he seems very good at playing through passes in behind the defence. Which means we’ll have to sign someone who likes to make those runs.

St Maximin could do it, but I think he just enjoys coming deep and beating everyone with skill. Howe should be looking at getting him to make those type of runs, working on it in training and hopefully Maxi would be open and perceptive to it. There is potential for his output in terms of statistics to increase significantly with this signing.

Almiron might be capable of it but only if he played on the left which we know is Maxi’s position. It might be a idea to actually swap sides seeing as Maxi is seemingly capable on either.

Other than that I think we’ll have to sign someone to make those runs because other wise we”ll only have Wilson who is both willing and able to do so.

Edited by Rafalove

Just now, Rafalove said:

One worry I have about this signing (hopefully it gets done) is that he seems very good at playing through passes in behind the defence. Which means we’ll have to sign someone who likes to make those runs.

St Maximin could do it, but I think he just enjoys coming deep and beating everyone with skill. Howe should be looking at getting him to make those type of runs, working on it in training and hopefully Maxi would be open and perceptive to it. There is potential for his output in terms of statistics to increase significantly with this signing.

Almiron might be capable of it but only if he played on the left which we know is Maxi’s position. It might be a idea to actually swap sides seeing as Maxi is seemingly capable on either.

Other than that I think we’ll have to sign someone to make those runs b cause other wise well only have Wilson who is both willing and able to do so.

Mate, just be happy we have someone who isn't scared of the ball.

24 minutes ago, Flip said:

I don’t like him. Poacher. wouldn’t fit us at this point.

We should go all out for Antony, Raphinha and try again for Paqueta after Bruno has enjoyed his time here and kept us in the PL. 

A poacher wouldn’t fit us? That’s pretty much exactly what Wilson is. Just not quite good or reliable enough.

7 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Other than that I think we’ll have to sign someone to make those runs because other wise we”ll only have Wilson who is both willing and able to do so.

Although he's obviously not quick, Wood does make those runs. If you watch the video of his goals for Burnley a lot of them came from him running behind the defence onto a through ball. A Burnley fan I know was going on about him not being able to stay onside, but that's possibly just a sign of him making those runs and not having the players to spot them.

25 minutes ago, STM said:

Other players shouldn't be privvy to what he's making anyway.

Why not? You can argue that footballers wages are a little different because "equal pay" is rightly not a thing for them and I'll accept that, but generally transparency in wages in a workplace is not only incredibly important, it's a fundamental right to ensure that staff get paid what they're worth in the industry.