Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

15 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He's 10 months younger than Joelinton, hardly up an coming talent. :lol:  It's more like we're buying a top player who should be at or close to reaching his peak. 

Exactly.... but until he hits that peak which is still a year or two away in a footballers life he is still young and upcoming...... the same could be applied to Joelinton, who just gets better and better, there is much more to come from him.

Hopefully these guys are gonna grow and develop together.

I’m thinking the Encanto craze hasn’t hit the UK yet since this hasn’t been mentioned. One of the most popular songs in America right now is “We Don’t Talk About Bruno.”

Six foot frame, stripes on his back

When we call his name it all fades to black

He sees our dreams and feasts on our screams 

Let us talk about Bruno-no-no-no, Let us talk about Brunooo

I'm not religious but I've been checking my phone all day and decided to go to bed at 10, thought fuck it and had quick word with big man upstairs (sir bob obvs) before closing my eyes. Woke up for a piss at 4am and weve turned into the new galacticos, now like fuck am I getting back to sleep.

God's real guys. :lol:

This signing seems massive. Really hope he is that fantastic all action midfielder. He looks incredible on the YouTube vids in terms of picking up the ball, running at people and threading passes. His energy alone will be important to us, like the tenacity defending and attacking he shows. If we are competent in the middle it will make a huge difference to our defence and attack.

7 minutes ago, hakka said:

This signing seems massive. Really hope he is that fantastic all action midfielder. He looks incredible on the YouTube vids in terms of picking up the ball, running at people and threading passes. His energy alone will be important to us, like the tenacity defending and attacking he shows. If we are competent in the middle it will make a huge difference to our defence and attack.

Totally agree. Someone calm and collected on the ball and who can pass and break up play will be huge in front of our defence though. We’ve also been shite at keeping the ball. He would help us immeasurably

Edited by ExiledGeordie

28 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This is our Vincent Kompany signing I can feel it.

In terms of effect, I bloody well hope so! What a massive contribution he made to them.

In terms of Bruno's current stature and what all the football geeks are saying, Bruno may compare better with City getting Tevez, who they poached from Man U. Bruno is not a striker, but is an established world class player who sounds like he'd walk into pretty much every team in the league. Look at the acrimony from other fans and journos at us getting a player of this stature. This turns the applecart upside down.

Tevez, CRonaldo, and Rooney were amazing together at Man U. One of the PLs greatest ever combinations. Once at City, Tevez got them knocking on the Top 4, Silva and Yaya the next season got them in, and then Aguero won them the league. I think Tevez is a bit of a forgotten man in the story.

Feels like there's a chance he replaces both Cabaye and a bit of Tiote in one go. Cabaye was a fantastic passer and very willing runner but he definitely was held back a bit by his physicality as a true CM over here. It felt like he flourished the most once he moved up the pitch.

Amazing stuff.

40 minutes ago, hakka said:

In that James Allcott video he showed some stats and he was in the top 2 percent of players in Europe for both progessive passes and carries. Around about top 5 percent for shot actions created, expected assists, attempted passes and tackles.

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Feels like there's a chance he replaces both Cabaye and a bit of Tiote in one go. Cabaye was a fantastic passer and very willing runner but he definitely was held back a bit by his physicality as a true CM over here. It felt like he flourished the most once he moved up the pitch.

Amazing stuff.

Seems to lack goals though. Sounds like he would be ridiculous if he finds some form infront of goal like, he seems to have the technical ability for it.