Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, Thiago said:

39 was his Dad's taxi number in Brazil. He's going for that.

This.

“The persistence eventually paid off, with Guimarães earning a move to Série A club Athletico Paranaense in 2017, where he was met with an odd coincidence. The taxi in which Dick and Márcia drove to Osasco each Sunday – and which sustained their family for decades – was number 39 of the rank in Vila Isabel, a northern suburb of Rio. When he arrived at Athletico, he asked his dad which number he should wear. His father replied that 39 had always brought the family luck.

When Guimarães arrived at training the next day, he found out that he had already been assigned the number. He called his father immediately: “Dad, you won’t believe it! They gave me the 39! I didn’t even ask!” With the 39 on his back, Guimarães encountered the good fortune that his father had envisioned, leading Athletico to the Copa Sul-Americana and Copa do Brasil for the first time in the club’s history and being selected as the best defensive midfielder in the country.

When he arrived at Lyon, Guimarães asked Juninho if he could wear the number 39 again. His new employers agreed. “I try not to forget where I came from. I know what I had to go through to be here, to live what I am living.”

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

This.

“The persistence eventually paid off, with Guimarães earning a move to Série A club Athletico Paranaense in 2017, where he was met with an odd coincidence. The taxi in which Dick and Márcia drove to Osasco each Sunday – and which sustained their family for decades – was number 39 of the rank in Vila Isabel, a northern suburb of Rio. When he arrived at Athletico, he asked his dad which number he should wear. His father replied that 39 had always brought the family luck.

When Guimarães arrived at training the next day, he found out that he had already been assigned the number. He called his father immediately: “Dad, you won’t believe it! They gave me the 39! I didn’t even ask!” With the 39 on his back, Guimarães encountered the good fortune that his father had envisioned, leading Athletico to the Copa Sul-Americana and Copa do Brasil for the first time in the club’s history and being selected as the best defensive midfielder in the country.

When he arrived at Lyon, Guimarães asked Juninho if he could wear the number 39 again. His new employers agreed. “I try not to forget where I came from. I know what I had to go through to be here, to live what I am living.”

That's a lush story.

Medical won't even be done yet. Will be announced tommorow or even Sunday and you lot will be shitting yourselves. :lol:

He will get flight into Newcastle and won't even go back to Lyon IMO.

Surely they won't reveal him in Brazil, they'll want him at SJP with all the relevant pictures etc. Brazil play on Tuesday, so he's got time to fly to Newcastle get a days worth of press stuff done and fly back for Paraguay game. 

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Surely they won't reveal him in Brazil, they'll want him at SJP with all the relevant pictures etc. Brazil play on Tuesday, so he's got time to fly to Newcastle get a days worth of press stuff done and fly back for Paraguay game. 

Not a chance of that happening. 

He will do obligatory picture with Toon top in Brazil and then join up with us on Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Brazil won’t release him for that man. Fly to the UK for a day? Lol! Miss training, get jet lagged, and potentially get coronavirus etc. Nickson has gone to oversee the medical and get the contract signed. When he comes after the internationals, we’ll get proper media done then.

20 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

welcome to the big league way of doing things 

36 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Good thread.

This lad sounds like exactly what we need, what a cracking insight that thread is. If he is as good as it says, he is going to be immense. 

Fair play if we pull this off.

Wonder if there are any others in the pipeline this impressive.