Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

I doubt that's true, If Trippier is on 100k or just under, no way Bruno is getting almost double what Trippier is getting.

Thought I read somewhere that he is on £25k PW at Lyon and nufc are going to quodruple his salary.

3 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I doubt that's true, If Trippier is on 100k or just under, no way Bruno is getting almost double what Trippier is getting.

i believe so. Or why else would he be signing for us if not for the money?

3 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

Thought I read somewhere that he is on £25k PW at Lyon and nufc are going to quodruple his salary.

Yeah, I imagine this is closer to the truth, albeit it, even that might be an exaggeration too. These papers are just being ridiculous with this stuff. Pushing the narrative that we are throwing obscene money at players.

35 minutes ago, Flip said:

You lot better learn to pronounce it properly. This club is going to turn into a new Brazilian club!

Inshallah. Still holding out hope that Sevilla will relent on Carlos tbh, three Brazilians in the spine of the team would be just :drool:

I actually wouldn't mind Shelvey in a midfield 3 as long as he isn't the primary protector of the defence. He's not a long-term solution at all but I think he's good enough to compete with Willock & Longstaff for that 3rd midfield position for the rest of the season. This is assuming we don't get the defensive reinforcements that would enable us to change the overall shape of the team.

Bruno

Willock   Big Joe

Above feels like the most balanced out of the squad, for me - ahtleticism but with the ability to beat players, play passes forward, and get in the box.

8 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I reckon we could get Barbosa, we should

I don’t like him. Poacher. wouldn’t fit us at this point.

We should go all out for Antony, Raphinha and try again for Paqueta after Bruno has enjoyed his time here and kept us in the PL. 

28 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Not that I believe it at all but imagine not signing a guy like this to appease Jonjo fucking Shelvey :crazy2:

If I’m Shelvey and I’m earning £4m a year (so £2m+ after tax) I don’t give a fuck what anyone else is earning. I’m fucking loaded.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I actually wouldn't mind Shelvey in a midfield 3 as long as he isn't the primary protector of the defence. He's not a long-term solution at all but I think he's good enough to compete with Willock & Longstaff for that 3rd midfield position for the rest of the season. This is assuming we don't get the defensive reinforcements that would enable us to change the overall shape of the team.

Bruno

Willock   Big Joe

Above feels like the most balanced out of the squad, for me - ahtleticism but with the ability to beat players, play passes forward, and get in the box.

That's what I would like to see eventually as well, don't mind Shelvey either as long as there are two high horsepower midfielders in there with him, and both Joe and Bruno should provide that. But Willock would be a better fit if he can improve his ball retention, he'd fill that gap between midfield and forwards.

Midfield 3 of Bruno, Joelinton and Shelvey seems most likely. Although with injuries and what not Longstaff and Willock will also get alot of games in the middle. Could easily see Willock being used further forward in the front 3 and obviously Joelinton can be used there as well.