Bruno Guimarães: £100M release clause has expired (Various)

Fantail Breeze

Just now, HTT II said:

Then the club were fucking stupid for inserting one and one so low I imagine. Probably a signing that benefitted agents/Ashley personally the most…

Did he not insist on it himself. I seem to remember he was preferring a move back to Spain at the time, so it would make sense that he was prepared to take a chance with Rafa, but with a get out of jail card.

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Then the club were fucking stupid for inserting one and one so low I imagine. Probably a signing that benefitted agents/Ashley personally the most…

Reason he came here was becasue he didn't get enough play time at Dortmund, and insisted on a release clause in case he didn't get enough play time here. In retrospect, unfortunately for us, Shelvey and Diame somehow was one of the best midfield pairs in the league for 4-5 months and it didn't look like he'd get much time on the pitch the following season either so he bailed.

Much more prefer someone like that, who's hungry to play, compared to some of the players we currently have on our books who'll be clinging on to their contracts until the very last day even if they'll never even experience the smell of grass on a match day because they won't be able to get a better deal elsewhere than they're currently on here.