Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Apparently not in England till Saturday, with jet lag, training time etc. he might not start on tuesday

Why it will take 3 days to fly to England is anyone's guess but that's the media narrative 

Just now, 1964 said:

Apparently not in England till Saturday, with jet lag, training time etc. he might not start on tuesday

Why it will take 3 days to fly to England is anyone's guess but that's the media narrative 

Probably needs to head back to France to get things sorted before coming to Newcastle.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Someone mentioned Gayle earlier. Thinking about it, it is the type of through balls that Gayle used to thrive on. He's been going through the motions for years now, but could someone like Bruno ignite something in him again if he got a chance to play? 

Yeah that was me. Only question would be whether Gayle is still capable of running onto those type of through balls, not sure if he's still got any sort of pace at all now, since I haven't seen him for about a year. I know he has made the odd fleeting appearance as sub, but didn't really see him then either as he hardly touched the ball.

24 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah that was me. Only question would be whether Gayle is still capable of running onto those type of through balls, not sure if he's still got any sort of pace at all now, since I haven't seen him for about a year. I know he has made the odd fleeting appearance as sub, but didn't really see him then either as he hardly touched the ball.

He might benefit from a little loss of pace, older footballer, wiser footballer? Bruno look like can release him into space quicker than Shelvey ever could, so it shouldn't impact on the overall pace of the attack, but Gayle would have more  space and time to compose himself.

30 minutes ago, TRon said:

Wilson will be back and he'll be perfect to chase onto those.

He could be jet lagged, hungover, legless, whatever, he has to play against Everton.

If he arrives on Saturday, then I hope Howe has his schedule sorted and we have 2 training sessions planned for Sunday and Monday morning. 

He's match fit, he will be our most intelligent player anyway, he only needs the basic instructions to fit into the team.

Anyone watched this, this is just one game against one of the best sides in europe but I've been watching hours of his matches.  I'm still trying to liken him to another player but its hard, he is good at reading the game, interceptions, great vision, passing, movement and crossing and he is also decent at set plays.  I read somewhere that some say he doesn't move the ball quickly enough but I disagree with that after the many hours of footage I've watched now.

20 hours ago, STM said:

He could be jet lagged, hungover, legless, whatever, he has to play against Everton.

If he arrives on Saturday, then I hope Howe has his schedule sorted and we have 2 training sessions planned for Sunday and Monday morning. 

He's match fit, he will be our most intelligent player anyway, he only needs the basic instructions to fit into the team.

Is he arriving from Brazil on Saturday or sorting stuff in France for a couple of days then coming ? Could mean a difference to jet lag legginess.

Edited by madras

7 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Bear in mind he'll only have 2 days max training with us. 

Hopefully that's enough for him to realise he has a team to carry ....

Signings like this can lift the whole team/squad. Here’s hoping for a plethora of ‘A games’ on display.

Would love to see him start, but not going to throw any toys out the pram if he starts on the bench. If it was Rafa in charge we'd see him starting in about a month or until he was fluent in English, whichever comes first, so cameo on Tuesday, starting the following match is fine by me :lol: