Dan Burn

Rich

9 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Course I wouldn't be pissed off! It would be typical, though!

It did make me laugh the idea that as we win the world cup and we all erupt in celebrations  that you get up in a huff, kick the sofa and storm out muttering "he don't fucking score them for Newcastle the cunt" :lol:

Just now, hakka said:

It did make me laugh the idea that as we win the world cup and we all erupt in celebrations  that you get up in a huff, kick the sofa and storm out muttering "he don't fucking score them for Newcastle the cunt" :lol:

Ha! Well at least I wouldn't be one of those helmets swilling my beer in the air if I did! :icon_puke_l:

3 hours ago, Mike said:

:lol: Targett has to be fuming reading that, like.

BDB to replace whatshisname from Man U, Targett at LB.

I cannot see Southgate using Burn effectively as a LB at all tbh [emoji38]

Targett should go. (And Burn too).

Edited by Hanshithispantz

3 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I cannot see Southgate using Burn effectively as a LB at all tbh [emoji38]

Targett should go. (And Burn too).

Tend to agree. Don't think Southgate knows how to do what we've been doing lately.

Must be a dream come true for the lad, gets his dream move to his boyhood club at the time when the club is at its highest point for over 20 years and is virtually a first team regular (he wasn't at Brighton). All he needs to cement everything is a goal. Great story for a lad who spent all his early years in the lower divisions. He's actually a lot better with the ball than I thought before he signed, obviously not Botman or Schar levels, but he usually finds a black and white shirt. 

10 hours ago, 80 said:

Tend to agree. Don't think Southgate knows how to do what we've been doing lately.

One of my whackier football opinions, and Lord knows I've got a few, is that the players at England's disposal now are ideal for the way Howe has us playing and I'd love to see it at that level. 

He doesn't pick some of them and doesn't set up to play that way regardless. 

Oh and Kane wouldn't be in it. 

Barring one miscontrolled ball in attack, BDB was incredible today. Not only was he dominant in the air as always and being part of our impenetrable 3, he was surprisingly good on the ball and even joined the attack a couple of times.

I'm stopping seeing him as a towering CB, and more a LB who has the added bonus of being an extra CB when required. It worked like a charm today.