Dan Burn

Rich

15 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Would everyone be happy with Trippier, Bruno, Wood and Burn and that's it? 

No, but I doubt that's it. Trippier and Bruno are stellar signings, but we will need one more forward with pace and goals to make it a great window.

Dan's not a bad signing for the squad, although quite over-priced, but he will hopefully do a job short term. Still not convinced he's any better than Dummett tbh, but Dummett is made of glass.

Just now, TRon said:

No, but I doubt that's it. Trippier and Bruno are stellar signings, but we will need one more forward with pace and goals to make it a great window.

Dan's not a bad signing for the squad, although quite over-priced, but he will hopefully do a job short term. Still not convinced he's any better than Dummett tbh, but Dummett is made of glass.

Burn is better on the ball than Dummett and has the advantage of being 6'7"

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Burn and Bruno have very high progressive passing stats. Can see what Howe wants to bring in, we've been missing the links in transitions and the ability to transition the ball with speed for years.

Looking at that chart CB has been awful whatever players we've had in! If you then look at our midfield we've offered very little for a few years

1 minute ago, morpeth mag said:

Burn is better on the ball than Dummett and has the advantage of being 6'7"

He's supposedly not great in the air despite his height (whether it's 6'7" or 6'5" according to differing reports), and he also lacks pace according to the Brighton poster who gave a quite thorough breakdown of his abilities. Not sure what he brings to the table that we already have tbh.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's supposedly not great in the air despite his height (whether it's 6'7" or 6'5" according to differing reports), and he also lacks pace according to the Brighton poster who gave a quite thorough breakdown of his abilities. Not sure what he brings to the table that we already have tbh.

He's much better than Dummet man.

Just now, TRon said:

It's probably what Howe sees in Burn for the system than the individual skills, which aren't exactly astounding. Rather like Graham Potter, 'the whole is greater than the sum of the parts' take on this seems to be the thing.

7 minutes ago, sempuki said:

It'll probably be Burn with Lascelles. Still time to use the 2 loan options.

When Eddie came in he talked about how he really liked Schar, as he was his type of defender, due to his ball playing abilities imagine. Never seen him big up Lascelles. I think Lascelles will be dropped tbh. As a matter of fact I could see both Schar and Lascelles being dropped, with Burn partnering another centre back we bring in.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

The Brighton poster was raving about him man :lol:

Agree with the overall 'solid signing' opinions, it's a 7/10 transfer, nothing spectacular but a definite upgrade on who currently gets a place each week. I'd expect him to put in 7/10 performances too, steady and reliable. It's also important that he's coming in full of confidence and isn't of this weak, scared mentality where they don't want the ball or they're scared of making mistakes. 

Still need a couple more in ideally but we'll just have to see what happens tomorrow. 2 more significant upgrades either on loans or permanents would constitute a very very good window for us.  

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

The Brighton poster was raving about him man :lol:

He said he lacked pace and heading ability, but made up for that with good positional sense, and would need someone with pace to cover for his lack in that department. I mean that's great, I'm not saying he won't be an asset, but would you really pay £13m for a 29yr old  with those deficiencies?

Just now, TRon said:

He said he lacked pace and heading ability, but made up for that with good positional sense, and would need someone with pace to cover for his lack in that department. I mean that's great, I'm not saying he won't be an asset, but would you really pay £13m for a 29yr old  with those deficiencies?

With time running out in the window and having already been knocked back for your first, second and third targets? Aye