Dan Burn

Rich

Should have been off at half time. I really don't understand playing him at home especially when he's been rinsed time and again first half. 

Carbon copy of the Forrest game, which makes it 10x worse as we have plenty of evidence already  but to leave him on and then still again not sub him after 3:2 has cost us 3 points today.

Eddie needs to be more ruthless.  Tino is already proven at left back. There is no excuse other than a tino injury or illness for not starting.

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Eddie must see something in training that makes him continue to pick him to start every game. 

He's probably not up against someone with pace and power in training.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

He’s toast against any pacey winger. Absolute toast.  

Fulham for an hour last week, Bailey on Tuesday, Ogbene today. It's sad to watch but needs to be brought out of the starting XI now.

Shocking today but can understand the reason why he started for his aerial ability and decent last couple games but this has to be the end of him being one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

We need to get Tino into the side and he showed during Burn’s time out that he’s a better LB than him both offensively and defensively. 

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Should not start again unless there's an injury crisis in defence.

Too easily exposed by anyone with any pace. If I was an opposition manager, I'd just stick my fastest player against him and tell them to run around him. Not past him, because he can stick a leg out, but just run around him because he's got zero acceleration.

Other than the past few days, when? :lol:

We usually nullify wingers well. I thought Edwards was daft with his gungho approach but they isolated Burn against the fastest player in the league brilliantly.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Fulham for an hour last week, Bailey on Tuesday, Ogbene today. It's sad to watch but needs to be brought out of the starting XI now.

Makes good to average players look like absolute world beaters. This lesson should have been learnt by the manager already but let’s hope the umpteenth time is the charm. 

Disaster performance from a player who simply doesn’t deserve a place in the starting lineup and arguably the first team at all. Every team we play against targets him and it’s often a very effective tactic. 

Not really much point saying he needs dropping. As he has shown when he’s fit that he almost always starts at left back. 

Getting targeted regularly now and he is really bad in our build up play or when attacking. 

In some ways. I admire Howe’s loyalty to players he trusts. But it is becoming a hinderance now. 

I think it would do Burn and the team some good if he came out the side for at least a game or two. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Fucking hell man I cannot believe its yet another week of discussing Burn struggling when any player with any sort of pace is up against him

Lanky player playing at full-back rinsed for pace in defence yet again. Almost like physics and common sense actually is correct.

It is quite evident teams know this bloke is the weak link.

Edited by Amir_9

Probably the worst performance I've seen from him today. Responsible for Lutons 4th by trying to redeem himself for the penalty by taking it upon himself to start playing as an inside forward too.

Simply can't play against pacy wingers when we have Livramento available.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This is the only game I’ve watched this week.

But this happened last season too. But we often had Joelinton or Willock that could hold his hand. With Miley’s lack of experience and athleticism he’s left 1v1 and can’t cope. 

Teams who sit and counter have figured him out especially. Not so bad away when we are generally more compact but he's massively exposed with how high our line often is at home. His distances and when to make contact are all over the shop.

Just now, Decky said:

Didn’t he struggle at home to Forest? Surely that and today will have been noted for next week.

and last game against Villa. Especially when Bailey came on.

4 minutes ago, Decky said:

Didn’t he struggle at home to Forest? Surely that and today will have been noted for next week.

Noted and first name on the team sheet.