Dan Burn

Rich

It's actually mad to me that we have a 6 foot 6 CB playing LB and he's looked more than comfortable and secure there. Probably extra beneficial to Botman to have him there too to talk to him, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Fucking Bramble vibes :lol: 

I’m assuming thats from someone who didnt watch Bramble live :lol: 

In terms of concentration. Obviously Burn isn’t as bad, but he does give opposition teams a chance by occasionally not tracking his man, making the wrong decision or a general rush of blood to the head. 

Again for context, I like Burn and I'm not saying he's as bad as Bramble. Just his lapses in concentration bring back memories.

Just now, The Prophet said:

In terms of concentration. Obviously Burn isn’t as bad, but he does give opposition teams a chance by occasionally not tracking his man, making the wrong decision or a general rush of blood to the head. 

Again for context, I like Burn and I'm not saying he's as bad as Bramble. Just his lapses in concentration bring back memories.

Fair enough, not something I compared him with but ok

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

It's actually mad to me that we have a 6 foot 6 CB playing LB and he's looked more than comfortable and secure there. Probably extra beneficial to Botman to have him there too to talk to him, etc. 

His will to win cannot be underestimated.A certain captain if Trippier is out injured,or he should be.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He’s no Baresi,I’ll give you that.Would you rather have Krafu,Ritchie,Dummitt or Manquillo playing left back? I think it’s a little unfair to bring up the rare mistakes he’s made since he arrived for a pittance.

2 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

He’s no Baresi,I’ll give you that.Would you rather have Krafu,Ritchie,Dummitt or Manquillo playing left back? I think it’s a little unfair to bring up the rare mistakes he’s made since he arrived for a pittance.

Bring back Clark.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I’ll try and defend you. I think it’s more so that Burn has imperious since he arrived that any slight drop/mistake he makes is more noticeable because he’s been that good. The fact since signing in January he’s played almost every minute and we are ultimately only talking about 2 mistake’s he’s made in stoppage time of two very hard games which have cost us 2 points.

Id say the only criticism I could make of him is his heading in the oppositions box from set pieces has been a bit disappointed but I seem to recall the Brighton fans highlighting that would be the case.

My bad, I should have clarified the Bramble comment, as it was in no way a player for player comparison. It was just a throwaway comment about his lapses in concentration.

It's not just the mistakes he's been punished for though. He could have easily seen red v Villa and got rushing out of defence v Wolves. That's just off the top of my head.

He brings far more positive than negatives to the team with his leadership, calmness and his general solidty, but he hasn't been flawless. He's absolutely fine for where we're at though. 

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

The 'mistake' in that Chelsea match was also during undoubtedly his best performance for us where he put in a perfect performance.

It took an incredible ball, great first touch and finish for them to score.

Seriously the Havertz goal was world class. There seems to be a need to always point the finger and blame someone for every goal you concede, sometimes you have to just hold your hands up and say we got done by a bit of exceptional football. 

Burn has barely put a foot wrong in 6 months. Bramble you'd be a nervous wreck watching at all times, he used to be cheered by opposition fans when his name was read out on the teamsheet he was that error prone:lol:

Harsh to judge him from yesterday, he played LB against one of the best sides in the world (I know hes played LB before lets face it - its not his natural position). He did decently especially considering hes covering for Maxi more often that he'd probably like to, obviously he has his limits though (mentally mostly) but for the money we paid hes been a solid signing so far. 

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

What do we do against Wolves if Targett is back? 

I'd be tempted to keep Burn at LB,  even if that means benching Targett. 

Targett back in for me, wouldn’t be surprised to see Botman missing out, the Tranmere lineup might give us a clue.

With Bramble you always knew it was going to happen and even without the clangers he wasn't particularly good.

He had an outstanding, laser-guided long ball on him though.

Absolutely no idea why he's being mentioned in this thread after yet another very good performance from Dan Burn mind.

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

This is incredibly harsh on Javi Manq who's always good for us at left back when needed 

Trippier almost cost us the game against Brighton but I find very little merit in nit picking individual performances when the team performance is so good.

Every player has moments but the real question should be; does their all round play contribute to a better team display?

For every bad day that a Trippier, Burn... even Bruno might have, they will have 10 good ones and ultimately win us more points than they lose us.

Just wait until Pope's first error, plenty will quick forget the two points he's saved us in the last two games.

7 hours ago, The Butcher said:

What do we do against Wolves if Targett is back? 

I'd be tempted to keep Burn at LB,  even if that means benching Targett. 

No doubt at all in my mind that Targett comes straight back in. Burn has done a sterling job at full-back from a defensive pov but Targett is comfortably the better option imo. Burn back to CB and Broce Wayne back to the bench where he can observe and learn. 

Schar was just as shakey as Botman like, as was the Man City back like. It wasn’t really a great game for defenders [emoji38]

It is the perfect opportunity to pull Botman out of the starting XI if Howe feels it’s best though. 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HTT II said:

A literal giant for us last night, he was absolutely outstanding and had Salah in his back pocket all night!

I thought him and Target really struggled against their attacks down that side. Mind he is a top class player!

Just now, buzza said:

I thought him and Target really struggled against their attacks down that side. Mind he is a top class player!

I thought they were great and covered each other brilliantly, yes they had a lot of balls in that area and looked to attack us down that flank, but rarely got in and behind.