Dan Burn

Rich

18 minutes ago, Beth said:

Lets be honest, like Willock, Longstaff and Almiron he is a mid table player who has played out of his skin the first half of the season but its starting to catch up with them all now.

Hard work will only get you so far!

39 minutes ago, Sima said:

That mistake that nearly led a goal was one of the most unprofessional things I’ve seen from one of our players.

He just seemed to not give a shit that the ball was still in play.

A mix between him and Botman diving in that play :lol:

Amateur from them in that moment.

An excellent option as an auxiliary left back. But should be rotated dependent on the opposition. A more attacking option was absolutely the right way to go for playing the sort of shit like Bournemouth. Alas, a paper thin squad means we've no other option.

39 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Rapidly turning into Captain Fistpump Mk. II, hope Targett is fit soon.

I somehow read your username as 'GETTOFUCK', which is exactly what should be done.

Edited by toon25

3 hours ago, andycap said:

Even if Targett is fit I'd bet howe would keep faith in burn. He did earlier in the season when he had the choice. 

I don’t think he had a choice. When Eddie talked about Targett’s injury at the end of 2022 he said that be had been in pain for a few months, and that even the few times when he came on as substitute he was actually on pain killers. Targett has never been fit for almost the entire season. 

39 minutes ago, Lotus said:

He was so bad (apart from the defensive headers) that I genuinely couldn’t imagine Lewis being worse.

[emoji38]

completely forgot about him. Wracking my brain over when Targett or Manquillo would be back. Considered Dummett, and this Ashby kid…. Yeah, well we always have Lewis don’t we? No reason to panic.

Edited by gazza ladra

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

He was so bad (apart from the defensive headers) that I genuinely couldn’t imagine Lewis being worse.

His performance against Sheffield Wednesday a little over a month ago says otherwise. Spent all 69 minutes he was on stood 8-10m from the center backs. When he received the ball he passed it backwards to Botman immediately, no matter what. He was so bad I feel like he's struggling with something mentally, or is afraid to try anything positive in fear of screwing up.

Burn is more of an attacking threat atm. Easily.

A poor game but he’s used to having someone protecting him on that side tbf.  I didn’t think Maxi had as terrible a game as many are making out but he’s not going to protect your fullback like a Joelinton or an Almiron. Burn and Maxi don’t yet seem to have any sort of understanding of each other’s play right now, which is an issue.

44 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I worry about him at Wembley , we need Taggart back for that really .

Playing someone who hasn't played in a long time and is absolutely nowhere near match fit seems like a massive problem.

He has done v well this season, people should remember that

as a CB he’s probably shattered having played 20+ games at LB, and had to get up and down the pitch

thankfully he’s putting the effort in for the team as there’s no one to come in for him at the moment

dont understand the armchair warriors desperate to find fault